Looking for a small "Tap and Die" set. 🔩

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys...I went to HF and got a bunch of chinese made crap 🤣 I got the Left Hand drill bits, the metric tap and die set and some drill/tap combo bits. The gear wrench set was tempting but over a hundo. I'm gonna look into getting some of those dubro sets for specific sizes in the near future. I needed to get that screw out while I was motivated to do so. Thanks for all the feedback! 👍🏼

Yep, misplace and mistreat the stuff that’s all overseas penny labor, 👍🏼 Then complain when it’s trash cuz 🇺🇸

Yep, misplace and mistreat the stuff that’s all overseas penny labor, 👍🏼 Then complain when it’s trash cuz 🇺🇸
murica!
American GIF by MOODMAN

Well guys...I went to HF and got a bunch of chinese made crap 🤣 I got the Left Hand drill bits, the metric tap and die set and some drill/tap combo bits. The gear wrench set was tempting but over a hundo. I'm gonna look into getting some of those dubro sets for specific sizes in the near future. I needed to get that screw out while I was motivated to do so. Thanks for all the feedback! 👍🏼
Try an ez out

I needed a larger tap than the regular GearWrench set had, so I talked myself into splurging on the big daddy set. I still have my regular size set (it's just missing the largest taps, dies, and holders), and I should sell it, so someone gets some use out of it. The GearWrench sets are awesome! Here was me using mine earlier today to work on my RC stand:

1684387151527.png

It's a really nice all-around set, but for RC I would probably just go to McMaster-Carr and order a handful of the taps and/or dies I wanted. Their stuff is usually kind of pricey, but everything I've bought from them over the years has been excellent. If you're not familiar with them, you might check out their site as a future resource. McMaster-Carr is especially useful if you're trying to find some specific piece of hardware. Their catalog even includes CAD files.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back