Looking for a new tool set any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For RC? MIP all the way. I wouldn’t even consider anything else. I bought so many hex drivers before I bit the bullet and got the MIP’s. Like every 2-3 months with a lot of wrenching. I bought my MIP’s over two years ago and they are still going strong. I actually bought a backup set last year when they ran the Black Friday sale and they are still in the package.
https://www.amazon.com/Moores-Ideal...ls&qid=1709214957&sprefix=MIP+,aps,324&sr=8-6

Last edited:
I don't even have MIP drivers yet. But they're my go-to for when i have the need to indulge on tools.

Also have a look at Wera. I also have MIP drivers, but wanted a replacement for a cheap generic (Chinese) hex 2.0 I carried when I was bashing.
I bought the several hexes due to the price. The grip is a bit smaller than MIP (not ideal for larger hands), but they are pretty good, and that for about 15%-20% of the MIP price!
I'm not sure which Wera type I have, but they have additional edges to prevent stripping the the screw.

Yep, I've got mostly MIP drivers with handles and hex drive for my HF Bauer small electric driver (used only for removal and getting close to tight, then finish torque by hand). Wera makes nice stuff I've got a couple tiny ones for slotcars and laptop repair. KC Tools has good selection for them. Don't cheap out on tools, I've rounded out too many screw heads back when with low grade drivers. Forgot to mention cheap/low grade/stainless steel/already worn out screw heads will always strip/round out easier and this wears the driver tips too.
;)

Last edited:
MIP for smaller hexs, everything else I can't tell much of a difference. As others have mentioned, wera is a good brand. Wiha, bhondus, are also similar.

My hands cramp up easy, at this point I just use screw driver type tools to break loose and snug down screws. This helps prevent cross threading. Everything else is a small drill on a medium low clutch setting.

I do have an old set of RDLogics long drill blank bits, machined hollow handles with knurling, they are20 years old and still almost like new. Wish MIP had longer shanks to reach tight spots.

Back