Typhon Installed tie rods and end links for granite on Typhon 3s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Closey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
PXL_20220128_204827041.jpg
PXL_20220128_204811634.jpg

They seems to fit nice take out a bit of slop we will see how they hold up.
PXL_20220128_204836797.jpg

Let me know how they hold up. I tried the gpm ones and the broke on the first run. Stock are ok but the rod ends wear out quick.

They look good but you may not see a performance improvement. I found removing the slop in the rod ends didn't reduce steering wobble. My rod ends and pivot balls are loose as hell now, but my Granite still tracks straight. Upgrades/mods that actually made a difference were an aluminum servo link and shimming the steering posts. PhillyB_RC has 2 videos on YouTube. First, he did all the slop removal "upgrades." He still couldn't hit his ramp consistently due to steering wobble. Next, he tried the servo link and shimming mods and it made all the difference.

Stiffer rod ends with no slop might also create a durability problem. Flexibility and wiggle room are good for durability. The stock plastic can bend and sometimes break, but it's better than bending or breaking the components they're connected to. I actually break fewer rod ends now that they're loose as hell. Since they're not on tight, they don't get stressed.

Last edited:
They look good but you may not see a performance improvement. I found removing the slop in the rod ends didn't reduce steering wobble. My rod ends and pivot balls are loose as hell now, but my Granite still tracks straight. Upgrades/mods that actually made a difference were an aluminum servo link and shimming the steering posts. PhillyB_RC has 2 videos on YouTube. First, he did all the slop removal "upgrades." He still couldn't hit his ramp consistently due to steering wobble. Next, he tried the servo link and shimming mods and it made all the difference.

Stiffer rod ends with no slop might also create a durability problem. Flexibility and wiggle room are good for durability. The stock plastic can bend and sometimes break, but it's better than bending or breaking the components they're connected to. I actually break fewer rod ends now that they're loose as hell. Since they're not on tight, they don't get stressed.
What exactly is the shimming mod to the steering post?

PhillyB_RC made a good video about shimming the steering posts. I think his servo link solution is temporary though. He still uses the stock plastic servo link and it gets very worn down over time. Slop in the servo link DOES make a difference. It controls both front wheels. So, any slop will cause both front wheels to wobble in the same direction at the same time and the car will swerve. Slop in the 4 arms is in different directions at different times and doesn't end up pulling the car in any direction.

I use the red aluminum servo link provided with the Hot Racing servo saver. ATF48SH02. It has lasted over a year so far with no slop or significant signs of wear. I'm not using the servo saver itself, only the red servo link. (I've read posts that the Hot Racing servo saver can be problematic.)
https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-A...id=1643516336&sprefix=atf48sh02,aps,43&sr=8-2

If you watch some of PhillyB_RC's earlier videos, notice how much faster he can hit the ramp now that it's tracking straight. Maybe a little too fast ;)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back