Vorteks Steering and Tie Rods worn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt888

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a couple of used Vorteks 3s, one is like new but the other has had a bit of a hard life.
I noticed their was a bit of play in the steering and tie rods, what I'm wondering is has anyone fitted aftermarket ball ends or do you just get new Arrma parts?
If anyone has fitted aftermarket is their any chance of a picture and let me know what sizes I need to order?

I had lots of steering play and the ball ends (or whatever they're called) fixed it all. I bought the hot racing ones and GLOBACT blue ones off amazon and just went with the globact because they match my build more and seemed to be the same thing. Probably has 10 or so packs with the globact and no issues.

Arrma cheaped out on 3s pivots..plastic. Junk.
Do yourself a favor, buy the rod ends with steel pivot balls from Traxxas. Basically any 1/10 vxl model from TRX will have 3mm rod ends with the steel pivot balls already installed. Cheap too. I recommend staying away from the aluminum ones typically found on amazon or AliEx, aluminum is soft, wears pretty quickly.
Something like this..
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...GmlHhxgZLQ2wOLWt8maZXPzKcFSQJM_RoCRNgQAvD_BwE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127-134554_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231127-134554_Samsung Internet.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Arrma cheaped out on 3s pivots..plastic. Junk.
Do yourself a favor, buy the rod ends with steel pivot balls from Traxxas. Basically any 1/10 vxl model from TRX will have 3mm rod ends with the steel pivot balls already installed. Cheap too. I recommend staying away from the aluminum ones typically found on amazon or AliEx, aluminum is soft, wears pretty quickly.
Something like this..
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...GmlHhxgZLQ2wOLWt8maZXPzKcFSQJM_RoCRNgQAvD_BwE
I used these on my granite and Bigrock
1701112772140.png

1701112608379.png

Search around on the forum and find the team associated pivot balls that fit. They fit the stock rod end and aren't going to wear out like the aftermarket aluminum ones do.
Rc8 pivot ball- id search but don't have time this second. Best option.

Did you use any washers with them? To fill the rest of the empty space? How did you do it I’m considering doing it.
No mate, I just bought a new set of Arrma AR330515 and AR330470.
It's the genuine parts for the car and I'd wasted money on ordering other ball joints, like I said the Traxxas ones are tiny but I also have a TRX4 so they fit that, luckily.

Back