Gorgon Installing a brushless set up in the Gorgon today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFunkalupicus

Professional Cat Wrangler
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Vendetta
I picked up a Gorgon the other day and was very pleasantly surprised with how it performed on 2s. Hell of a lot of fun! I picked up a HobbyWing 10BL120G2, Rocket 3660 V2 3600kv motor, 25kg cheap-o Amazon steering servo, and a 40mm fan to keep the motor cool and I am very much looking forward to the jump in performance. I am glad that it being brushless ready is a selling point because it's a fun RC. Plus, I love the body style. Overall an excellent addition to my Arrma fleet

I picked up a Gorgon the other day and was very pleasantly surprised with how it performed on 2s. Hell of a lot of fun! I picked up a HobbyWing 10BL120G2, Rocket 3660 V2 3600kv motor, 25kg cheap-o Amazon steering servo, and a 40mm fan to keep the motor cool and I am very much looking forward to the jump in performance. I am glad that it being brushless ready is a selling point because it's a fun RC. Plus, I love the body style. Overall an excellent addition to my Arrma fleet
Did basically the same set up on mine & it goes good! Jumps good now it's faster & wheelies nice! Added the fan, Mines 3500kv, & 500cst shock oil. Had to add wheelie bar! Tough rc, fun to bash.

Sweet! That’s a good setup. I went too big on mine, and on 3s it’s nearly un-drivable above half throttle. I’m probably going to down-tune to a Max10 3300kv system.

Did basically the same set up on mine & it goes good! Jumps good now it's faster & wheelies nice! Added the fan, Mines 3500kv, & 500cst shock oil. Had to add wheelie bar! Tough rc, fun to bash.
Nice! I have a fan as well...waiting for the wheelie bar and receiver box to arrive myself.

It turns out good! Perfect fit

20231208_153227.jpg

Wheelie bar

Attachments

• 20231208_153056.jpg
    20231208_153056.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 90
It turns out good! Perfect fit

View attachment 340043
Wheelie bar
That looks awesome! The only question I have is, how is the battery lead going to come through the top of the chassis? Will the ESC fit in the front set of holes so you can use the factory hole for it?

That looks awesome! The only question I have is, how is the battery lead going to come through the top of the chassis? Will the ESC fit in the front set of holes so you can use the factory hole for it?
I used a Spektrum 100a from a vendetta/infraction & it lines up perfectly & the lead slips underneath into the bottom to battery tray. There no pinch on the leads & they can slide back & forth thru the slot under the ESC. All factory slots & holes are used & it's flawless conversion.

20231208_142344.jpg

20231208_142335.jpg

Rear set of holes, like it was made for it.

I used a Spektrum 100a from a vendetta/infraction & it lines up perfectly & the lead slips underneath into the bottom to battery tray. There no pinch on the leads & they can slide back & forth thru the slot under the ESC. All factory slots & holes are used & it's flawless conversion.

View attachment 340185

View attachment 340186
Rear set of holes, like it was made for it.
Sweet! You couldn’t see it from the other pic. Looks awesome. Kinda makes you think that there’s a future version coming where it’ll come with that ESC…..

Sweet! You couldn’t see it from the other pic. Looks awesome. Kinda makes you think that there’s a future version coming where it’ll come with that ESC…..
Thanks man 👊 I would think they would! It's like it was made for it! 3660 can fit like a glove. The Vendetta/Infraction is 3650 & I saw ppl cut a little to get it in. I found the motor on e bay. My only beef is the battery tray is tight w 2s & the plug. The IC5 is wide & my battery is a deans & w an adapter plug its tight but it goes.

Hi Dr,
Hows the fun? My gorgon is being shipped from China, literally by ship and the wait is killing me haha.
I also have a 10bl120 waiting for immediate upgrade, but motor wise that rocket is one of the ones I'm looking at. How is it going? Do you have it on 2s or 3s?

Hi Dr,
Hows the fun? My gorgon is being shipped from China, literally by ship and the wait is killing me haha.
I also have a 10bl120 waiting for immediate upgrade, but motor wise that rocket is one of the ones I'm looking at. How is it going? Do you have it on 2s or 3s?
Honestly, I haven't got the chance to run it since then because of the weather. I got the receiver box and wheelie bar installed yesterday so I won't need to be too careful with the throttle when I finally do get to try it out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back