Gorgon Buddy gave me a gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Friend of mine has a very large rc collection hitting somewhere in the 80+ range. He was bored of his gorgon and gave it to me. These things are hilariously fun. I had a 5900kv motor from Amazon and the esc from my promoto so I slapped those in it with a 2s battery and geared quite a bit up and did 52 mph on stock tires lol. Amazing how different 2wd is but man this thing is a blast I can't believe I hadn't got one yet.

I love 2wd myself. I'm from a time when that was way more common then a 4wd though. 2wd and no such thing as a Gyro 😂

That was awesome though, I bet that's a riot!
Got pics?
Yeah man honestly the 2wd is a totally different animal I love how snappy and sharp the turns are without fighting a diff. I want to throw some street tires on it and gear up more lol. Nothing special about it. If I ever decide I need a larger system in my promoto then this thing will adopt a castle 5700kv setup and run 3s which that would be a hoot.
IMG_0076.jpeg

Yeah man honestly the 2wd is a totally different animal I love how snappy and sharp the turns are without fighting a diff. I want to throw some street tires on it and gear up more lol. Nothing special about it. If I ever decide I need a larger system in my promoto then this thing will adopt a castle 5700kv setup and run 3s which that would be a hoot.
View attachment 344472
Sweet! Mines only 3500kv & it moves! 2wd is different no doubt. Reminds me of a Tamiya Lunchbox.
I've already had to replace my servo saver with a aluminum one. Stock one snapped.

View attachment 344472
This is the same reason I love a good 2wd! Different animal, just fun!

My friend has a couple of the original Granite voltages, 2wd fun, I have fixed them a few times too 😆

Sweet! Mines only 3500kv & it moves! 2wd is different no doubt. Reminds me of a Tamiya Lunchbox.
I've already had to replace my servo saver with a aluminum one. Stock one snapped.
I never had a chance to see any lunchbox in action but they look very much similar to this lol. But ok good to know, is that from sending it or what?
Gorgon looks like a blast. I started RC with 2wd and am so glad I did. Crazy fun. I still have more overall fun with my 4s 2wd Stampede than any other rig.
Dude for $160 plus a cheap 2 or 3s system these things are so worth it. I'm shocked at how well it does on dirt. And the tires although no foam seem like they fit the truck exactly as they need to.
This is the same reason I love a good 2wd! Different animal, just fun!

My friend has a couple of the original Granite voltages, 2wd fun, I have fixed them a few times too 😆
They really are impressive. You drive a gorgon yet?
ive got a Mid-motor rustler. these 2wds are fun as heck.
I have always considered a rustler, and now that rustler ultimate, thing looks really serious. The guy who gave me the gorgon was showing me his

I never had a chance to see any lunchbox in action but they look very much similar to this lol. But ok good to know, is that from sending it or what?

Dude for $160 plus a cheap 2 or 3s system these things are so worth it. I'm shocked at how well it does on dirt. And the tires although no foam seem like they fit the truck exactly as they need to.

They really are impressive. You drive a gorgon yet?

I have always considered a rustler, and now that rustler ultimate, thing looks really serious. The guy who gave me the gorgon was showing me his
The lunchbox spun around just like a Gorgon & would wheelie easy & bounced around, top heavy & tipsy. The body was kinda heavy. Tamiya used ABS bodies in alot of their RCs. I changed my gorgon shock fluid to 500cst & it helped. 100cst is stock. If I had it, I'd go like 350.
The lunchbox spun around just like a Gorgon & would wheelie easy & bounced around, top heavy & tipsy. The body was kinda heavy. Tamiya used ABS bodies in alot of their RCs. I changed my gorgon shock fluid to 500cst & it helped. 100cst is stock. If I had it, I'd go like 350.
But the Gorgon is a much better rc than the lunchbox ever was. Arrma did good with it. I like mine. It's tough & has took a beating & just goes. Only issues I've had is the servo saver & the body. The lunchbox was considered a 'comical' rc back them. Not to technical.

Last edited:
Not yet but I plan to soon 👀 😀.

I hear the Gorgon is a significant improvement over the OG Granite Voltage. Horizon/Arrma have been busy!
Good good!! Thing is fantastic fun you won't be disappointed
But the Gorgon is a much better rc than the lunchbox ever was. Arrma did good with it. I like mine. It's tough & has took a beating & just goes. Only issues I've had is the servo saver & the body. The lunchbox was considered a 'comical' rc back them. Not to technical.
The fact that it's just so light makes me think it's going to be a great truck that's always ready to go. I think I have seen a few things about the servo saver breaking so I guess I will have to go ahead and have one ready for that. The body seems like it's of course just going to get beat up constantly, I want to throw some GRP's on it and maybe do a more streamline body of some kind. Think it'll be a hoot.

I just love the name Lunchbox

Good good!! Thing is fantastic fun you won't be disappointed

The fact that it's just so light makes me think it's going to be a great truck that's always ready to go. I think I have seen a few things about the servo saver breaking so I guess I will have to go ahead and have one ready for that. The body seems like it's of course just going to get beat up constantly, I want to throw some GRP's on it and maybe do a more streamline body of some kind. Think it'll be a hoot.

I just love the name Lunchbox
I replaced the servo as well while I had it apart. It was a little tricky, getting the two piece servo arm / saver out. Its a 2 pc design. Turns out my servo was stripped. The new one I had to file a little off the plastic case to get it to fit. Wasn't much.

These low budget RC’s are a blast and a great reminder you don't need a beefcake $2k custom rig to have fun. The Gorgon seems very comparable to a Stampede. I got an old one dirt cheap for my daughter a couple years ago. It has the silly Monster Mutt body that she loves and even 27mhz radio with the 4 foot long antenna. I found myself enjoying it so much. Even snuck it out for a run when she wasnt home. Biggest smile I had in a long time and all for about $50. I too enjoyed the bounciness and wonky top heavy handling. It does stunts crazy easy.

I always wanted a classic Tamiya Lunchbox too. The flimsy plastics and the fact you have to buy entire parts trees for repairs always stopped me. That and its a shame to tear up that fancy body. One day though. 👍🏻

These low budget RC’s are a blast and a great reminder you don't need a beefcake $2k custom rig to have fun. The Gorgon seems very comparable to a Stampede. I got an old one dirt cheap for my daughter a couple years ago. It has the silly Monster Mutt body that she loves and even 27mhz radio with the 4 foot long antenna. I found myself enjoying it so much. Even snuck it out for a run when she wasnt home. Biggest smile I had in a long time and all for about $50. I too enjoyed the bounciness and wonky top heavy handling. It does stunts crazy easy.

I always wanted a classic Tamiya Lunchbox too. The flimsy plastics and the fact you have to buy entire parts trees for repairs always stopped me. That and its a shame to tear up that fancy body. One day though. 👍🏻
Crazy though that you can spend a very similar amount of money on a grom or a gorgon. Gorgon is just HEAPS better. Yeah buying parts trees is not ideal by any means. Shelf queen lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back