Interesting new 3s spur hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Just ran across this on Amazon. Think I’ll grab one just for fun. Maybe 🤔 is zinc alloy decent or just more monkey metal…

EPINON Metal Slipper Plate & Hub Slipper Shaft Set for 1/10 Arrma Granite Senton Big Rock Kraton Vorteks Outcast 1/8 Typhon Upgrade Replace Arrma ARA310946 (Dark Blue) https://a.co/d/bc9yMni

0683906F-CA15-4CC5-AAFC-9A10F0538BAA.png

Um…😂 yeah, all that is my wife’s. Her hobby is her nine-year-old daughter. You guys think RC is expensive? But it’s all good. Took years to finally get full custody of her last October. They are making up for a lot of lost time.

Um…😂 yeah, all that is my wife’s. Her hobby is her nine-year-old daughter. You guys think RC is expensive? But it’s all good. Took years to finally get full custody of her last October. They are making up for a lot of lost time.
Haa ok, try a 16yr old thats about to start driving, in FL!! Better get a job girl 🤣

Damn Mr Moneybags! Cart looks Hella full!🤣🤣💰💰💰💰🤣🤣

The metal looks like it might be a little stronger. I wonder if you can make it adjustable with just the slipper maintenance kit? It doesn't appear to have a spring or bearing with it.
I was looking up Zink alloy and supposedly it’s an extremely strong and durable metal, second to stainless steel. But a lot of times the method of making is probably crap. Can’t tell if it’s sintered metal or CNC and they don’t say…So I’ll assume ‘not CNC’ but who knows it could be great.

I’m hoping somebody else gets one lol. Or maybe I will. I’m still running my original spurs from years ago but it’s getting time to upgrade. I got one of the new 4S Spurs assemblies off of Jenny‘s but I can’t visually tell if the rear hub is stronger or not. I haven’t heard of any issues with it so that’s a good sign…
Haa ok, try a 16yr old thats about to start driving, in FL!! Better get a job girl 🤣
Trust me I know. I raised a stepdaughter, put her through college and all, also a son in my previous life, then my granddaughter for five years. Going through it all again and loving it 😊

I was looking up Zink alloy and supposedly it’s an extremely strong and durable metal, second to stainless steel. But a lot of times the method of making is probably crap. Can’t tell if it’s sintered metal or CNC and they don’t say…So I’ll assume ‘not CNC’ but who knows it could be great.

I’m hoping somebody else gets one lol. Or maybe I will. I’m still running my original spurs from years ago but it’s getting time to upgrade. I got one of the new 4S Spurs assemblies off of Jenny‘s but I can’t visually tell if the rear hub is stronger or not. I haven’t heard of any issues with it so that’s a good sign…

Trust me I know. I raised a stepdaughter, put her through college and all, also a son in my previous life, then my granddaughter for five years. Going through it all again and loving it 😊
Dang Felix, How many lives you got my guy!! 🤣

I wonder if you can make it adjustable with just the slipper maintenance kit? It doesn't appear to have a spring or bearing with it.
Have to supply that separate, which is normal. I saw another version of the same thing that came with a metal spurgeer for $50 bucks total. Seems like a decent deal honestly. But if it’s crap it’s not.

You think 9 is expensive? My daughter is 16,driving around in her little vdub sedan we got for her birthday and going to France this summer!
Gotta spoil them and take care of them no matter the age!

Side note. We all three have separate Amazon accounts. The wife would 💩 if she knew how much I'm spending on RC parts!

Dang Felix, How many lives you got my guy!! 🤣
On number 3 now 😂 the first was age 0- three weeks shy of 18, When I went through a brick wall in my truck, through the windsheild and in a coma for a while. Woke up a different, sober person. Knocked a lot of sense of me and cleaned me up. What’s best is that I didn’t remember (still don’t) any of the addictions feeling or a lot of the bad stuff so it was a nice redo.

Chapter 2 was being married for 25 years in NorCal. Divorced out of that in 2018. I’m most happy with chapter three. Right now is amazing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back