Senton Just burned up a big gear in my senton mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EbbTide

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Just ran my new brushless motor that I dropped in yesterday and I already burned up this big plastic gear? Did I make a mistake putting a brushless motor in my truck? Will I now constantly burn through these gears? Wanted to ask before I buy 1 or 10 of them. Kinda bummed I ran less then 10 min and already broke something. Lol

Attachments

• A632F468-5DAC-4933-9929-C213BB2E052A.jpeg
    A632F468-5DAC-4933-9929-C213BB2E052A.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 50
  • CA5914A5-7DE5-4E83-B5D6-4B1D33C9A20F.jpeg
    CA5914A5-7DE5-4E83-B5D6-4B1D33C9A20F.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 47
Just ordered a metal spur off eBay. I think (hope) I’m good to go now lol.

The metal spur is a good idea, just make sure you don't over tighten the spring. Damage takes the pass of least resistance. If your pinion and spur are both hardened steel, any torque on the system will find the first smaller or plastic part, and tear it to shreds. You can see a spur, but finding something in behind or possibly even in a differential, can be a pain in the a**. Make sure to set the mesh between the pinion and spur properly too. Snug, but not too tight. The paper method for measuring gap is somewhere in one of the forums.

When you say spring you mean the actual slipper clutch? Sorry I’m new to all this, just started RC and wanna make sure I screw up as little as possible. I’ll have to look at YouTube to see if there are any videos on how to adjust and set it.

Yeah, slipper needs to be set so that it gives a little when you give it the full throttle blast. That's what it's there, to protect your drivetrain a little.

Roger that, thank u. I assume I adjust it by turning the red retaining nut that puts pressure on that spring? Sorry for my newbness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back