Senton Senton Mega brushless conversion with big tires, 13T pinion gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCcarsandstuff

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The car is a Senton mega 4x4, I've installed a hobby wing 3660SL 3150KV G2 and 10BL120 G2 ESC, the motor is mounted in a Senton 3s BLX motor mount. 0.8 mod 18 tooth pinion gear, and Senton 3s BLX spur gear 57 tooth slipper clutch. I have added these larger 5" tires ( AllinRC 1/10 Scale RC Truck Tires and Wheels Pre-Glued with Aluminum 12mm Wheel Hex Nuts Compatible with 1/10 Arrma Granite Big Rock Vorteks Monster Truck (4 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBMVF8MX )

I currently run it on 2S and it works well, however it cogs when starting at an uphill or sometimes when just starting out.

I thought maybe being 3150kv and 18tooth 0.8 mod it might work but I think I might go down to 13T? I did buy a pinion kit that goes from 13T-17T so I can change them but I think the 13T might just be best for no cogging and quick acceleration but it should still have a bit of top end?

I will like to eventually go up to 3s and 4s possibly (the ESC and motor says it can, however I'm not sure if the Senton drivetrain can?).

Those huge diameter tires are throwing you off there. Cogging that results and all. Trial and error with pinions. The next size pinion up or down till you get it right. Just those 5" tires...? This makes your final drive ratio extremely tall, hence the cogging effect.
I'm not feelin those 5" tires. On 2s packs no less. May be your down fall there. IDK. You may just be chasing a ghost there and will die trying....:unsure:
You are worried about that Mega drivetrain running 3s, and I agree, just that those Huge 5" Large Tires wont help as well. They may look nice on the shelf, but that is about it.
Definitely consider starting out with a BLX 3s pinion and spur and slipper clutch assy. , upgrading that whole Power Module to BLX specs. And run 3s packs. Upgrade the rest of the drive train as you go. It will need it.
Most everyone upgrading megas to BLX go through this. You are not alone. Just those tall tires.....(n)

Last edited:
Those huge diameter tires are throwing you off there. Cogging that results and all. Trial and error with pinions. The next size pinion up or down till you get it right. Just those 5" tires...? This makes your final drive ratio extremely tall, hence the cogging effect.
I'm not feelin those 5" tires. On 2s packs no less. May be your down fall there. IDK. You may just be chasing a ghost there and will die trying....:unsure:
You are worried about that Mega drivetrain running 3s, and I agree, just that those Huge 5" Large Tires wont help as well. They may look nice on the shelf, but that is about it.
Definitely consider starting out with a BLX 3s pinion and spur, upgrading that whole Power Module to BLX specs. And run 3s packs. Upgrade the rest of the drive train as you go.
Between the time it took for the post to be approved I was able to swap to the 13t with those 5" tires and ran three 2S packs yesterday. It seemed to do well although the batteries did die a bit faster than normal I think? However I was running them at like full throttle the entire time since it glided over the grass and leaves piles very well. There was no cogging at all, very smooth starts.

I think I might leave 13T and try a CNHL 3s battery. You still think it'll break stuff?

Great you sorted that out.
Are they really 5 inch tires there?
Keep an eye on all your temps.

Give 3s a try and see for yourself. You decide.
It will be a substantial power difference from 2s pack.
And just upgrade the Drive train as you go, when/IF parts fail.

This is what it looks like. I think I've put a few more of the 2s packs and it seems to be standing up pretty well after cartwheeling/crashing trying to figure out jumps. I'm looking for a decent 6000/7000mah 3s now to try out.

20240106_113533.jpg

20240106_113646.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back