Kraton Kraton 6s tire recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobs1811

Reaction score
Updated question to previous post.

Tire recommendations for upgraded Kraton 6s v5 if mainly running on-road/in a parking lot etc (excluding low profile tires as I already have Sweep Terrain Crusher Belted tires which I prefer over the stock
Copperhead2 tires). Stock Spektrum combo and 20k/200k/20k in diffs currently.

Considering Backflips or Fireteam tires.
Would these have more grip and balloon less on-road compared to stock Copperhead2 tires?

Also considering other belted tires but taking into account extra weight

ara550107.jpg

FB_IMG_1700784157481.jpg

Fireteam tires would be a decent option, they are pretty tough tires and I think would be durable for parking lots. Fireteam tires are heavy though, close to the same as 6s Backflips, over 350g per tire.

The belted 6s Katars for the Talion would be another street option. Besides being belted they weigh closer to 200g each, thats over a pound lighter than the FT or 6s Backflips. Middleweight option would Backflip LPs at 280g each.

Updated question to previous post.

Tire recommendations for upgraded Kraton 6s v5 if mainly running on-road/in a parking lot etc (excluding low profile tires as I already have Sweep Terrain Crusher Belted tires which I prefer over the stock
Copperhead2 tires). Stock Spektrum combo and 20k/200k/20k in diffs currently.

Considering Backflips or Fireteam tires.
Would these have more grip and balloon less on-road compared to stock Copperhead2 tires?

Also considering other belted tires but taking into account extra weight

View attachment 333551

View attachment 333552
CH2's... (n) Just me.
Yet some do like them. They balloon worse than the others. Seem to be the least durable. Many simply like that large MT tire look. Fireteam wheels definitely rock in my book. Far from the prettiest wheels and rubber out there.
With RC bashing, I don't feel its much of any beauty pagent however. More about what hooks up best and lasts longest. RC wheels and tires are a costly part of this hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back