Kraton v4 steering block upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tschenck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Mojave
Any upgraded steering blocks available other then the Hot Racing ones? Trying not to have to spend $50
thanks

Any upgraded steering blocks available other then the Hot Racing ones? Trying not to have to spend $50
thanks
You can try GPM Racing or Integy but their parts are more for show than for go.

Okay so nothing else really out there besides the HR? Is it common to break the stock ones? I just ran one pack and cracked one.

I've busted a stock one on my outcast in over a years worth of use. It was colder out if I remember right. I'm running larger tires (trencher 3.8's) and a savox 1202sg servo. I recently got the hot racing steering post with the nut that has a lock screw in it... that's been more of a pain than it was worth. Having the lock screw means you have to rotate it one full turn or you can't access the screw to lock it without taking the steering apart. However, using red locktite made me twist the hex part in the steering arm when I tried tightening it... suppose I should have hit it with heat, but was afraid of melting stuff. I had the previous version one that had a nut on it still unlike the current/later versions that don't.

thanks
The stock ones are definitely a weak point, but very inexpensive to replace if you buy from a kit breaker like Jennys Rc. I did upgrade to the HR ones, and really like them. A little less slop in the steering now, and have had zero issues with them.

Thanks. Just can my 2nd pack on the truck. Still has the cracked steering block. Sadly the center diff is now making noise. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back