Slop reduction Kraton 6S kingpin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this, but I was getting tired of all the slop in the Arrma wishbone suspension, 1/8 and 1/5 anyways, so I figured if I wrap some thread tape around the kingpin it would help a little. I was shocked at how easy it was and how much it helped. I wish I knew this along time ago cause this has been driving me crazy since I got into the hobby. I would say it reduced it by probably a good 80%, but then again I have nothing to measure that with. But I can tell you it’s much much better and it holds up.

IMG_4230.jpeg

I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this, but I was getting tired of all the slop in the Arrma wishbone suspension, 1/8 and 1/5 anyways, so I figured if I wrap some thread tape around the kingpin it would help a little. I was shocked at how easy it was and how much it helped. I wish I knew this along time ago cause this has been driving me crazy since I got into the hobby. I would say it reduced it by probably a good 80%, but then again I have nothing to measure that with. But I can tell you it’s much much better and it holds up.

View attachment 356167
Wishbone and kingpin? That looks like a shock pin?

View attachment 356167

It's a good idea and it'll do exactly what you say it will..
However, that Teflon tape was never designed nor able to take/handle constant rubbing/ vibrations & impact forces..
It'll breakdown fairly quickly once you start bashing your rig.

I'd imagine it's good for a session or two before you need to redo the process of removing the pins and scraping off the old tape and reapplying with new....
🤷‍♂️

Just a thought.

If it doesn't work maybe Kapton tape? I've never used it but read a lot of RC owners use it for stuff like that or in diffs to make up slop under/around the bearings between the plastic when it gets worn.

Last edited:
Looks like a solid temporary fix, and I'm interested to see how long it holds up.

My plans for my Kraton Superleggera build are to machine the holes and install bronze oilite bushings to remove the slop. Probably overkill, but everything else on that rig is too, so I might as well lol.

Looks like a solid temporary fix, and I'm interested to see how long it holds up.

My plans for my Kraton Superleggera build are to machine the holes and install bronze oilite bushings to remove the slop. Probably overkill, but everything else on that rig is too, so I might as well lol.
We get bronze oilite at work. And MDS filled nylon 6/6. Actually running the nylon today thru the chuck cnc. Im gonna get the drops.

Last edited:
We get bronze oilite at work. And MDS filled nylon 6/6. Actually running the nylon today thru the chuck cnc. Im gonna get the drops.
I've been meaning to do that since I built the rig, but I typically have several projects cooking at once, and the ol Superleggera has been on the back burner for a while.

Me too! Been medicated for it since like 1985 lol. It wasn't even called that back then.
I have to keep busy. Mines hyper focused. Like Mr Wednesday I used Teflon tape in the pillow ball retainer threads on the K6 after they got sloppy. Works. Still could use a little more.

Back