Kraton Kraton vs. Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Hey guys , can some give their opinions on the Kraton vs. the Talion . I have a V4 Talion and am inches away from buying a Kraton V4 to ad to the collection . Yesterday we had a bashing session at a BMX track , and a friend let me try his Proline 3.8 Badlands on my Talion , wow , what a different drive it gives, backflips in air a lot easier , but wheelies like crazy !!!!!
Looking at the specs in Arrmas site trying to compare them , they look like they basically have the same ground clearance , length , wheel base , except the Kraton is a touch wider ( wheels I presume ) . So with that said , what is/what would be the major reason for me to get a Kraton if I just get a set of 3.8's for my Talion ? Or is there something bigger I'm missing about these 2 trucks ?
Thanks guys !!!!

The order I bought mine was Talion, Notorious, Typhon, Kraton. Typhon and Kraton I drive least. I prefer stock the Talion over the Kraton because I like that I don't wheelie as easily on the Talion, lighter all around, lighter wheels / multi-surface control. At the same time, Talion and Kraton are pretty close both with long wheelbase.
You can see the difference if you compare shock towers and shocks.

For me there is absolute no reason to switch.
I am running the 3.8 Badlands on the Talion since day 1. Never used the stock ones.
I see no valid reason going for the Kraton over the Talion. The Talion always was super underrated as a Basher and I don't understand why. It didn't fail me until now and it already took very hard landings.

I used to bash with a couple of friends and one of them owns a Kraton. There was not a single jump the Talion could not take as well as the Kraton and mine was all the time the faster one.

The order I bought mine was Talion, Notorious, Typhon, Kraton. Typhon and Kraton I drive least. I prefer stock the Talion over the Kraton because I like that I don't wheelie as easily on the Talion, lighter all around, lighter wheels / multi-surface control. At the same time, Talion and Kraton are pretty close both with long wheelbase.
You can see the difference if you compare shock towers and shocks.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crimson , the order I bought mine was Typhon V4 , Talion V4 , Senton V3 , Mojave . The ones I use at the BMX track to really get some air are the Typhon and Talion (16t pinions in both , punch 9 ) The description you give I really do agree with , the Talion is wicked fast , and handles the ground extremely well . When I put on those 3.8 badlands the Talion was instant wheelie , but when I was up in the air , it " turned" / backflip better than the stock tires . I had thought the Kraton was a whole lot different ahn the Talion , moremonster truck like . But now I see if I want that kind of driving experience , maybe I'll pick up a set of 3.8's for my Talion , and instead of getting a Kraton , maybe a stunt truck is next on my list ?
BTW, I just truggified my Typhon , MX 2.8 Badlannds , and put 300k in the center diff , quite a bit different drive now .
And just because I like short course , is why I bought the Senton and Mojave , the Senton is set up now with Hoons/sway bars/and 300k in center diff ,. I keep this one for street/parking lot use , no need to destroy it in the dirt/mud and trying to jump like the others .

The Kraton has more ground clearance. The shock towers are much taller. You can put tall tires on. Talion but it does not make it a Kraton. Go too big on the tires and the shocks bottom before the chassis. Not good. The rigs are significantly different. P.S. I own both.

For me there is absolute no reason to switch.
I am running the 3.8 Badlands on the Talion since day 1. Never used the stock ones.
I see no valid reason going for the Kraton over the Talion. The Talion always was super underrated as a Basher and I don't understand why. It didn't fail me until now and it already took very hard landings.

I used to bash with a couple of friends and one of them owns a Kraton. There was not a single jump the Talion could not take as well as the Kraton and mine was all the time the faster one.
Thanks BashNerd , I have broken the front/rear arm and both chassis braces , now all upgraded w RPM , and aluminum chassis braces . Thanks for your input as well, well put !!!!! This now has me holding off on purchasing a whole nother truck and just getting some extra tires/wheels (3.8's) for my Talion .
The Kraton has more ground clearance. The shock towers are much taller. You can put tall tires on. Talion but it does not make it a Kraton. Go too big on the tires and the shocks bottom before the chassis. Not good. The rigs are significantly different. P.S. I own both.
Thanks Bickety , I understand it won't make it a Kraton , but just give alittle driving characteristic . Don't quote me , but I thought I saw somewhere where you said the Talion was your fav ?
BTW , the BMX track was Falcon , LOL .

Go too big on the tires and the shocks bottom before the chassis. Not good.
Not sure how much bigger you want to get than the 3.8 Badlands? The Kraton 8S tires? ;)
But even if, just change the tension on the springs and it will get lower to support even bigger tires.

I also agree that a Talion will not become a Kraton because of the tires but I just wasn't yet in any situation where I thought: oh the shocks are not big enough. Or the tires are not big enough to handle the terrain.

Was at my LHS today getting parts to fix my Talion , saw the Kraton 8s in person , wow , big and heavy !!!! Hmmmm , instead of the 6s ??????

I would chose talion over kraton every time. Basicly same car but shorter towers more durable than longer ones of course. And weight distribution is better i think. And katar tires.. they are light! Any electric version of any category is way heavier than nitro version because of battery. So weight is important. Talion v4 katar tires are really good to bash. just 205g per tire!! For example tires everybody loves here is Backflip. 350g per tire:). It means same arrma rig with backflips without battery weights more than rig with katars with 4s 6ah battery :) heavier car worse for anything on car. feels worse when driving. Too heavy setup would make it easier to bend and faster wears on transmission. Hotter motor and hotter ESC. So talion is better for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back