Kraton Kraton wheels will not turn on the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamj804

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Just replaced my servo with a new one. Stock for stock. What would cause the wheels to turn like they should on the stand, but barely turn when I put it in the ground?

Thanks! That worked. Hobbytown manager showed me what to look for and what to do.

And how about the v4 guys? Servo saver is wayyyyyy too loose! Any known alternatives beside shimming?

And how about the v4 guys? Servo saver is wayyyyyy too loose! Any known alternatives beside shimming?
After seeing the @bicketybam video on the new servo saver, it sounds like your s... outta luck.

You could replace the spring with a heavier one. The trick is getting it apart without destroying it. I put a box end wrench on each end , then put it in a vise to compress the spring enough so the wrench does not slip off the nuts. Once you get it moving enough , you can compress the spring by hand to keep the wrench on. It's put together with lots of locktite.

You could replace the spring with a heavier one. The trick is getting it apart without destroying it. I put a box end wrench on each end , then put it in a vise to compress the spring enough so the wrench does not slip off the nuts. Once you get it moving enough , you can compress the spring by hand to keep the wrench on. It's put together with lots of locktite.
Now where can I find this spring you speak of??
Yes. Get a V3 servo saver ?
lmao of course! I was actually thinking about doing that

Wait, what am I missing? v4 servo savers are defective?? Thinking about picking up a new Outcast/Notorious and obviously would like to know what I am getting into problems wise.
Thanks guys.
Ur getting into loosing steering on grass or any surface that offers some sort of resistance really. I’d very much prefer to be able to adjust the tightness of the servo saver on to my own accord. I’m pretty sure the aftermarket will capitalize on this for sure.

I guess they’re (Arrma) in the business of simplifying operations. Completely understood from a business perspective, but from an enthusiasts point of view it kinda sucks.

TDLR: Loose steering, still a beast truck.

Ur getting into loosing steering on grass or any surface that offers some sort of resistance really. I’d very much prefer to be able to adjust the tightness of the servo saver on to my own accord. I’m pretty sure the aftermarket will capitalize on this for sure.

I guess they’re (Arrma) in the business of simplifying operations. Completely understood from a business perspective, but from an enthusiasts point of view it kinda sucks.

TDLR: Loose steering, still a beast truck.
Aaah! Thanks for the clarification, its working as intended for better or worse. I'll keep that in mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back