Limitless gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durham Rc Guy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
What's the best the gearing to run on 8s?
Castle xlx2 and 2028 motor?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!.

Not familair with that 8s CC combo. What Kv is that 2028? Max RPM's attainable. Usually around 50k rpms give or take. in that range. This is important.
That's where you begin. Then perhaps find a good RC calculator. Start plugging in the variables along with your final drive ratio, tire rollout etc... Do you have a target speed? Hopefully you have the CC B-Link for data log retrieval. Most important.
Others should chime in soon with their spur/pinion setup.

Like @SrC said, it all depends on motor kv and which vehicle your referencing.

For example: I run 39/39 in my K8s w/800kv 2028 and xlx2.

Edit: just realized you are referring to a limitless, so a gearing calculator will be a huge help in finding your target speed. 👍

Oh ok I'm running xlx2 castle 2028 1100kv
Not familair with that 8s CC combo. What Kv is that 2028? Max RPM's attainable. Usually around 50k rpms give or take. in that range. This is important.
That's where you begin. Then perhaps find a good RC calculator. Start plugging in the variables along with your final drive ratio, tire rollout etc... Do you have a target speed? Hopefully you have the CC B-Link for data log retrieval. Most important.
Others should chime in soon with their spur/pinion setup.
I'm ordering the b link tomorrow
Like @SrC said, it all depends on motor kv and which vehicle your referencing.

For example: I run 39/39 in my K8s w/800kv 2028 and xlx2.

Edit: just realized you are referring to a limitless, so a gearing calculator will be a huge help in finding your target speed. 👍
Ok cool thanks

^^^ Good man. (y)
That XLX2 is serious equipment. A sin to use it without access to the Data logs. After every run. This is needed to dial in your rig. It's your window into any performance gain or loss. Preventing failures.

^^^ Good man. (y)
That XLX2 is serious equipment. A sin to use it without access to the Data logs. After every run. This is needed to dial in your rig. It's your window into any performance gain or loss. Preventing failures.
Thanks for the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back