Arrma limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_006

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I bought an arrma limitless v2 a few days ago, I don't have much experience with this extreme type of rc model. So I need help with some choice, for now I think to buy a hobbywing max6 and 1100kv motor combo (I live in Italy and it isn't easy for me to find mamba Monster x8s or spectrum 160a, for example). Is fine for me to reach speed between 80-100mph with the weapon. If my choice of hobbywing is wrong, what other combo do you recommand? And with the pinion gear, how many T I need to reach 80-100mph? (The arrma have the stock spur Gear 39T, I want to run with 8s lipo).
Thank you so much for the help.

Stay away from the RTR Spektrum ESC's. Castle obviously has the best Speed run ESC's... HW will be fine also. The newer G2 Sensored ESC's is what I would choose.
That was the beauty of the Lim V1 and V2 as a "Roller". You are NOT compelled to run the RTR stuff. You choose your own better electrics.. HW is decent IMHO. I run their Sensored stuff. I run a 2250 in my V1 Lim. Only 6s packs however. I easily get 80 -100mph. Road space the limiting factor
That Max 6 /1100kv combo sounds fine to me for 8s running. (y) You will be getting more than 100 mph for sure. Start out slow first. Making sure the chassis and alignment is all set. That's your call.
You need to use a Speed Gear Calculator to find a Pinion that will be close enough to the target speed objective. How we all do it for the most part. The rest is trial and error. What works for others may not work for your specific Setup.

Get used to this Calculator below. Speed runners need to understand and use this RC tool for serious speeds.

There are others out there.
This one is well known. What I use.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips and for the calculator in the link, Sorry for the twin thread 🙏 I'm newby in the forum

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back