Lipo or Battery problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRH

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I'm using Zeee Premium 5200mah 3s lipos. All has had 6 cycles. In the beginning the total voltage would read 11.1 when fully charged. Now it reads 12.5 when fully charged and 11.4 when put in storage. Is there a problem?

20210306_155137.jpg

20210305_165202.jpg

20210304_215311.jpg

As you can tell, I'm new to this. In the beginning, the total voltage always read 11.1 when fully charged and around 10 when in storage. Don't understand why it's different now. Since this is a 11.1 battery, my thoughts were it should read 11.1 when fully charged. The individual cells has always had correct reading.
Makes sense. 4.20 x 3= 12.6. Duh!!!!!
A little nervous about the lipo batteries after reading and hearing about all of the dangers.

Last edited:
Its normal, total voltage is always higher after a full charge on a healthy lipo.

I'm new too there's a lot of math evolved.
I had a 16 year old explain all of it to me ..my feelings where hurt. Lol but these young kids in the rc life. I have a lot of respect for them. It's physics and math math math. I think this is a great hobby.its fun but also exercise for your brain

giphy.gif

It's normal, they only list the nominal voltage of the Lipo and that one is always wrong :ROFLMAO:

The golden rule for Lipo's always keep it at storage level unless you are using it. Storage is anywhere from 3.7-3.85V and most chargers set it to 3.8V

Before you use them, charge them up, top is 4.2V but 4.18V - 4.2V is typical. Don't leave charged for longer than 1-2 days, no major event will happen just diminish lifetime and they probably puff up a little.

Do not run them below 3.5V per cell or you will quickly ruin their lifetime. Again, no major fireball just boring stuff like loss in capacity.

Get yourself a Lipo checker for the field and do not run until the ESC cuts it off, their setting is ~ 3.2V per cell and that is unhealthy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back