Looking for shocks typhon v5 6s NOT red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow racer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I bought a new body for my Typhon v5 6s and went with a blue n gold color scheme paint job, I'm looking for replacement shocks that are NOT red. Other Arrma cars I've found shocks in other colors but not ones that fit the typhon's 104m fronts and 117m rears.
20220620_082220.jpg

Last edited:
You can deanodized them fairly easily. It would look much better than red
Thank you I'm looking up the steps to remove the red, do wish I could find blue shocks. I see other 6s cars have multiple color choices but I agree that bare aluminum would look better than the red.
The black shocks that come on the TLR Typhon would look good. You can buy them below on JennysRC.com

https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-typhon-tlr-ara8306
I was wondering if the TLR shocks were same lengths I guessed they were but had trouble finding their specs.
TY

Thank you I'm looking up the steps to remove the red, do wish I could find blue shocks. I see other 6s cars have multiple color choices but I agree that bare aluminum would look better than the red.

I was wondering if the TLR shocks were same lengths I guessed they were but had trouble finding their specs.
TY
The TLR Typhon shocks and shock shafts are different in size but just by a few millimeters. If you're going to bash your Typhon, it probably wouldn't matter.

Standard 6s Typhon
Front Shock Body - 16x49
Front Shock Shaft - 4x57
Rear Shock Body - 16x54
Rear Shock Shaft - 4x64.5

TLR Typhon
Front Shock Body - 16x49
Front Shock Shaft - 4x59.5
Rear Shock Body - 16x57
Rear Shock Shaft - 4x70

The TLR Typhon shocks and shock shafts are different in size but just by a few millimeters. If you're going to bash your Typhon, it probably wouldn't matter.

Standard 6s Typhon
Front Shock Body - 16x49
Front Shock Shaft - 4x57
Rear Shock Body - 16x54
Rear Shock Shaft - 4x64.5

TLR Typhon
Front Shock Body - 16x49
Front Shock Shaft - 4x59.5
Rear Shock Body - 16x57
Rear Shock Shaft - 4x70
Dang thank you for the fast spec reply. We built a desert race track in the Palm Springs area and I do like how the Typhon handles the sandy turns do you think the longer TLR shocks will effect the control of the car?

Hmmm? Good question. I'm more of a basher myself, so I really don't know. I guess it could, but it might handle better, because the TLR shocks are designed and tuned for racing and handling.

Hmmm? Good question. I'm more of a basher myself, so I really don't know. I guess it could, but it might handle better, because the TLR shocks are designed and tuned for racing and handling.
That's true, I do find it strange that the TLR shocks are less expensive than stock v5 shocks.
I'm going to pickup a set of TLR shocks and give them a try this winter. If they don't work I can always strip the red off my stock shocks.
Thank you all for the advice!!
Even with the paint removed it would look good... I found this process to be the easiest but wear a MASK!

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ed-red-on-the-typhon-shocks.39208/post-542461
Just looked at your post and they look nice n shiny... great to have options, thx 😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back