Kraton Lunsford pivot balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
Based on what I've read on this forum, I just ordered two sets of Lunsford machined steel pivot balls to replace the composite pivot balls in the shocks. The new steel pivot balls will be going on new EXB shock standoffs that should be coming in the mail Monday.

The pivot balls come in sets of six, and since I bought two sets I will have four left over after I install them on the shocks. Is there any other place on the Kraton 6s that has composite pivot balls that I could replace with the four leftover Lunsford pivot balls?

I don't think there is anywhere else... I think the shock pivot ball size is 6mm, and the only other pivot balls I can think of are at the steering and tie rod ends, both of which are (again, I think) approx 9mm

I don't think there is anywhere else... I think the shock pivot ball size is 6mm, and the only other pivot balls I can think of are at the steering and tie rod ends, both of which are (again, I think) approx 9mm
Looking at the exploded diagrams, I see that the pivot balls in the steering parts and the pivot balls in the rear upper suspension links are quite a bit different from the shock pivot balls. But after looking closer at the exploded diagrams I discovered the shock pivot balls are being used on the end of the sway bar links that goes into the suspension arms. It's almost impossible to see them there when the vehicle is assembled.

Based on what I've read on this forum, I just ordered two sets of Lunsford machined steel pivot balls to replace the composite pivot balls in the shocks. The new steel pivot balls will be going on new EXB shock standoffs that should be coming in the mail Monday.

The pivot balls come in sets of six, and since I bought two sets I will have four left over after I install them on the shocks. Is there any other place on the Kraton 6s that has composite pivot balls that I could replace with the four leftover Lunsford pivot balls?
Which ones are you referring to?

I tried these on the lower shock ends that connect to the arms:

1639756612343.png

Which ones are you referring to?

I tried these on the lower shock ends that connect to the arms:

View attachment 186673
Those are the ones I'm referring to. I will be using them on both ends of the shocks, and I might be putting them on the sway bar ends.

Try the 4 sway bar links attatched at the arms. The only other balls that may fit. Rear upper camber link balls (hubs) are too big I think.
Like stated above. Might be a fit at the SB links??:unsure:
Otherwise, no use for them? IDK.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back