M2C Kraton chassis Q’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
So I slammed my Kraton EXB 8S into the ground from about 15’ up attempting a backflip and bent the front of the chassis very bad… I’ll post pics in the carnage thread later 😆

My (expensive) solution is the M2C racing chassis but I’ve got a couple questions:

1. Do the skinny ‘3206’ bars shown bolted to the chassis clear the stock battery boxes or do I need to modify?

2. Does anyone have a vote for or against installing the 3201 & 3202 optional chassis stiffeners which are shown in the bag? I’d rather avoid extra weight if possible and the chassis looks plenty stiff with that center brace installed…

image.jpg

Nice upgrade! No need to clearance anything for the battery trays. I installed the stiffener bars on mine, I guess you could run with out them but I don’t think you’d save that much weight.. These pigs are heavy regardless.

Haha they are heavy sons-a-guns so I added them as extra insurance as well. According to M2C the upgraded chassis adds neatly one extra pound FYI:

stock chassis weight is 850 grams (1.87) lbs

M2C pictured chassis is 1180 grams (2.601)lbs

Haha they are heavy sons-a-guns so I added them as extra insurance as well. According to M2C the upgraded chassis adds neatly one extra pound FYI:

stock chassis weight is 850 grams (1.87) lbs

M2C pictured chassis is 1180 grams (2.601)lbs
Guess I didn’t realize they were that heavy! 😮

Was just looking at getting one. Haven't bent the stock one yet but I know it's coming. 😁
I’ve had one on my K6s and K8s since they were new and kept the O8s stock and haven’t bent that thing yet.. 🤷‍♂️

haven’t bent that thing yet
I assume it's because the OC is a shorter wheelbase? I have one M2C on 1 of my K6's and gonna do the same and just wait til I bend the stock exb chassis before I get the second. But man...upgrading the K8 is expensive! I was aware before I got it so I knew what I was getting myself into. Wouldn't change a thing cause I love it! 🤙🏼

I assume it's because the OC is a shorter wheelbase?
That was kinda my theory too.
I’ve seen vids of others bending the stock O8s though.

My K8s EXB chassis was beginning to bow at the rear from hitting big BMX jumps to flat… and then this lawn-dart incident happened which bent the front of the chassis down about an inch or so and took out a bulkhead with it because the chassis supports held the top of the bulkhead in place… hence the $250 chassis upgrade.
These 8s rigs are definitely more expensive to fix/upgrade than the 6s variants!

7AC7838A-0FE5-4F8A-998D-14BB9D63E9AE.jpeg

This tweaked the front of my chassis on the o8s and now it's the only 8s rig with an m2c chassis. Funny enough my stock k8s exb chassis still going strong a year later but I've also never landed like that with it either. I've sensed increased my gearing on the o8s so I can better clear that sidewalk. :ROFLMAO:

Haha nice braking system right there! Immediate stop… did it catch the rear wheels on the front of the sidewalk concrete?

Haha nice braking system right there! Immediate stop… did it catch the rear wheels on the front of the sidewalk concrete?
Nah it hit like right under the bumper. IIRC front hinge pin and a arm were damaged too.

Dang man… probably couldn’t replicate that landing if you had 100+ attempts 😆
Funny you say that!! that was actually the second time it happened. The first time I got super lucky and no dmg. I was jumping into like 20+mph winds that day which I will probably never do again :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back