Kraton Kraton 8s out drive pins just keep breaking changed to m2c and still breaking them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Moirae thanks for the recommendation on these, they look strong! (y)

GPM Axles 8S.jpg

From the pic it looks like they’re down in the spring retainer if that’s what it’s called. I’m going to try this myself as well. I run droop screws already but they’re digging into my chassis big time.
What kind of droop screws are you using?

Just regular M3 (maybe, can’t remember size) button heads.
Have you tried the M2C ones with the larger heads? They help tremendously on the 6s rigs, and it looks like you can put 2 in each arm on the 8s trucks, that's what I'm going to try anyways

Have you tried the M2C ones with the larger heads? They help tremendously on the 6s rigs, and it looks like you can put 2 in each arm on the 8s trucks, that's what I'm going to try anyways
The 8s arms have a weirdly small recess in them for droop screws. I used 2 each arm, 3mm SHCS screwed into the arms from the bottom side. They way they are recessed makes them a challenge to use anything with a larger head, and since there's 2 holes, hard to go any bigger than 3mm. I figured as the chassis wears from the heads of the screws, I wiil remove them and add washers to achieve proper droop.
Almost as if someone at Arrma intended for an insert to be used? Apparently that never saw production. Same for the factory blx 8s bumpers, there are provisions for something to be attached, but I've never found anything in the Arrma catalog..🤷‍♂️

I’m likely going to move to the m2c chassis in the winter, so I’ll want to figure something better out by then. I saw someone on Facebook (I think) who put plastic washers on the outside of his shocks for droop. I think some others put a piece of nitro gas tubing on the inside of the shock for the same effect. I’m not sure what to do now aside from run it how it is

I’m likely going to move to the m2c chassis in the winter, so I’ll want to figure something better out by then. I saw someone on Facebook (I think) who put plastic washers on the outside of his shocks for droop. I think some others put a piece of nitro gas tubing on the inside of the shock for the same effect. I’m not sure what to do now aside from run it how it is
Inside the shock, under the piston between it and the shock body for droop (extension), outside of the shock body between the shock rod end and shock body to limit travel (compression). Over travel of the suspension in either compression or extension can cause driveshaft/drive cup issues.
I think the general consensus with the Arrma 8s rigs is over extension, but since I haven't experienced it, not positive myself.

I think it's mainly compression and not extension. The only times I've ever had this happen to me it was from a compression event. Like doing a wheelie with trencher tires. Never had it happen again after adding washers to outside of shocks and I've done nothing about the inside of the shocks or droop screws.

Last edited:
I think it's mainly compression and not extension. The only times I've ever had this happen to me it was from a compression events. Like doing a wheel with trencher tires. Never had it happen again after adding washers to outside of shocks and I've done nothing about the inside of the shocks or droop screws.
Ay, see, that's what I get for trying to diagnose a problem I never had, LOL.
I had the K8S out over the weekend for a couple packs. Had a blast, till I bent another pivot ball, my 3rd time, those trees jump right out in front of me, I swear!!🤷‍♂️😂
I straightened it out in the vice, again.. waiting for one to snap, gonna happen I know it.
Funny, no matter how many trees my brother and I hit with our 6s Arrma's, no problem, 8s, bent..same trees. Inertia can be a beotch!!😜

Ay, see, that's what I get for trying to diagnose a problem I never had, LOL.
I had the K8S out over the weekend for a couple packs. Had a blast, till I bent another pivot ball, my 3rd time, those trees jump right out in front of me, I swear!!🤷‍♂️😂
I straightened it out in the vice, again.. waiting for one to snap, gonna happen I know it.
Funny, no matter how many trees my brother and I hit with our 6s Arrma's, no problem, 8s, bent..same trees. Inertia can be a beotch!!😜
haha that's funny cause I don't think I've had that happen on an 8s rig but I've had it happen once on a kraton 6s. Are you cliping the tree with 1 arm or tire? you'd think the arm would break too with a hit bad enough to bend the pivot balls. Even my cartwheels from bad landings not enough to do that :ROFLMAO:

haha that's funny cause I don't think I've had that happen on an 8s rig but I've had it happen once on a kraton 6s. Are you cliping the tree with 1 arm or tire? you'd think the arm would break too with a hit bad enough to bend the pivot balls. Even my cartwheels from bad landings not enough to do that :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, one wheel tree strikes, my bro bent both upper and lower pivot balls and ripped the lower pin out of the suspension plates last year on his O8S. Strangely the arm didn't break! Had a chunk missing where the pin went through, egged out the arm pretty good. Trees are kinda unforgiving like that, LOL. So, while we don't "air" them out like most do with our bashers, they take some abuse. Tires and driveline take the most, aside from the tree strikes that is. I've been cutting alot of trees and brush to extend the track this year, got quite a bit to do, but the 8s Arrma's need room to flex. I'm working on it, even had the wife working out there last Saturday!!👍😎😁

I run mine without any of that. I run Trenchers, and land on the throttle like a noob sometimes too. I have not broken one of the Overkill M2C, but the Vitavon shafts look sick, and you can easily replace the pin, I just haven’t installed and tested them yet. In fact, it comes with extra pins, and a grub screw at the end to keep them in place.

My recommendation would be to remove the shafts, and ensure that everything spins freely. Then I’d start replacing whatever you find wrong. Could be a bad bearing or something causing extra strain on the shaft.

I’ve finally got all the parts in to refresh my rig, including those sweet Vitavon shafts! Going to move my Overkill M2C shafts to the front.
IMG_5344.jpeg

I’m moving to M2C out drive shafts from their standard one. I think they did me a solid by honoring their warranty on the shafts with the replaceable pins versus the ones I originally bought (standard 310926). Looking forward to running them and seeing how they hold up considering my last ones didn’t last very long. Pins were worn down and some bendage as well. All totally my fault.

Edit: has anyone or does anyone currently run the 310926Cs on their rig? Looking for input on how long the replaceable pin last

I’m moving to M2C out drive shafts from their standard one. I think they did me a solid by honoring their warranty on the shafts with the replaceable pins versus the ones I originally bought (standard 310926). Looking forward to running them and seeing how they hold up considering my last ones didn’t last very long. Pins were worn down and some bendage as well. All totally my fault.

Edit: has anyone or does anyone currently run the 310926Cs on their rig? Looking for input on how long the replaceable pin last
I like M2C too, and they did warranty my drive too. However, the M2C uses a 3.5mm pin, and the Vitavon uses a 4mm. So I made the jump.

Back