Kraton Made a new skid plate for my EXB today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I was looking at skid plates for my new EXB didn’t see anything I really liked so I designed this and made it turned out OK next one will be better. This is an old EXP and I have a new one on the way. I used my large drill Press and a in Mill. I am considering putting two more screws and countersinking them towards the front of that plate. Anybody have any suggestions?

IMG_0924.jpeg

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0922.jpeg

Awesome, the turnkey one available just has a single screw with nylock nut on the front to clamp. I forget the brand, not sure why arrma cheaps out on a $700 rig leaving that exposed. Same with the notorious/typhon.

edit- https://customrcupgrades.com/product/arrma-6s-rear-skid-plate/

You must’ve milled a recessed pocket for the ring gear bump 👍🏼

Last edited:
The bottom of the chassis is completely flat, but I did mill everything.
I really like that design I think I might copy more of that than what I did and you’re right, Arrma should fix or have at least available a good skid plate at a reasonable cost

So I made a new design today I’m still working on it. I think I’m gonna cut the front down so the bevel was a little longer and put a screw towards the front.

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_0927.jpeg

All done!

IMG_0929.jpeg

IMG_0928.jpeg

Just a quick note, my EXB chassis is flat on the bottom however, my V5 is not. I did have to mill out a spot for the rear differential. Does anyone know if the new V2 EXB has a flat bottom or is it bulged out for the rear differential?

Back