Kraton ADU Racing 7075 top plate & ackerman plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I took a chance & ordered these. They look good. Wanted 7075 & silver. Finally came today. Not ADU's fault. Postal. Anyways here's some pics. The ackerman plate (2nd pic) fits the stock bushing but a slight play as a flanged bushing is really snug & no play. It's also 4mm thick with a 1mm deep step for the bushings & stock step pins. 1st pic is in sunlight. 4mm or 3mm hole in the top plate for any combo of chassis brace.

20240321_180512.jpg

20240321_175545.jpg

20240321_175954.jpg

This chamfer “countersink” being out of concentricity almost bothers me 😂, left side locating pin moved or the G-code requires revision.
1711072081765.png

Enjoy 😊

Last edited:
This chamfer “countersink” being out of concentricity almost bothers me 😂, left side locating pin moved or the G-code requires revision.
View attachment 356074
Enjoy 😊
Nice catch. Hopefully the hole spacing is correct & it was back side de-burring error. I'll be finding out soon enough 😄

For what it’s worth, the parts I’ve received from ADU have been of great quality. Let us know how the holes worked out for you and hopefully it was just the chamfering that was misaligned.

For what it’s worth, the parts I’ve received from ADU have been of great quality. Let us know how the holes worked out for you and hopefully it was just the chamfering that was misaligned.
They do look pretty good, great quality. The 7075 is not shiny nor matte. They are anodized. I took my calipers to them this morning & the post hole space is correct. 50mm. I guess the CNC 2nd op back side to do the chamfers, the zero was off 0.005" or 0.010" in one direction. All the chamfers on that side are 'back' the same in one direction.

My opinion may differ from others, but aluminum is not needed here. There is really only one direction for flex on these particular parts, and CF does really well here. The more your Ackerman weighs, the more weight the servo has to move around when you turn. I’ve switched to all CF parts for the servo top plate and Ackerman for all my vehicles. Haven’t broken any of them yet, they are cheaper, and lighter.

My experience with ADU has been hit or miss. Not awful stuff, but it’s usually marginally cheaper than the better quality items it competes against.

Last edited:
My opinion may differ from others, but aluminum is not needed here. There is really only one direction for flex on these particular parts, and CF does really well here. The more your Ackerman weighs, the more weight the servo has to move around when you turn. I’ve switched to all CF parts for the servo top plate and Ackerman for all my vehicles. Haven’t broken any of them yet, they are cheaper, and lighter.

My experience with ADU has been hit or miss. Not awful stuff, but it’s usually marginally cheaper than the better quality items it competes against.
Cool. Yeah Ive got some CF 6s stuff. Its ok

Cool. Yeah Ive got some CF 6s stuff. Its ok
I’ve found it works good where there’s force coming from a single plane, and the CF layers are lined up with the plane. For things like shock towers, servo top plates, Ackermans, and even the long center chassis brace, CF works really good. I’m doing a full build with CF to compare to my full TI build. I can say for certain the CF shock towers lower the CG noticeably.

Back