Vorteks Metal version of these 14mm to 17mm hex sleeves ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchtime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Vorteks
Anybody ever seen a metal version of these 14mm to 17mm sleeves?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-mm-to-1...pid=5337696215&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Wanting to temporarily convert Vorteks to 17mm to put some street tires on it, and then put the original wheels back on when done horsing around. Instead of the type of adapters I typically see people using on this forum, I was thinking a simple sleeve should work. After a little more searching, found another post on this forum showing these plastic sleeves. Maybe they are good enough even though plastic?

Be careful with the wheel offset. Just changing the hex may not work with the street wheel offset. Might be better with the hot racing adapter with 10mm offset. Just a thought. Otherwise give those 3d printer things a try and report back as to how they work out. Good luck.

Be careful with the wheel offset. Just changing the hex may not work with the street wheel offset. Might be better with the hot racing adapter with 10mm offset. Just a thought. Otherwise give those 3d printer things a try and report back as to how they work out. Good luck.

Making sure I understand what you mean. The Vorteks original tires are fairly wide, and I was planning on street tires that are just about that same width. But you're talking about how deeply the nut is set back into the original wheels, compared to the new wheels/tires (the nut might not be set back as far) ? Good point. Guess I first better figure out which wheels I'm going to buy.

Offset refers to the position of the wheel hex in relation to the wheel width. The Vorteks wheels are 1/2 offset meaning the hex mounts half way from the outside face of the rim. This makes it wider and allows it to clear the hub and linkages. Many 17mm wheels are 0 offset meaning the hex mounts right at the face of the wheel. Most off-road wheels are 1/2 offset. Hope this helps.

Offset refers to the position of the wheel hex in relation to the wheel width. The Vorteks wheels are 1/2 offset meaning the hex mounts half way from the outside face of the rim. This makes it wider and allows it to clear the hub and linkages. Many 17mm wheels are 0 offset meaning the hex mounts right at the face of the wheel. Most off-road wheels are 1/2 offset. Hope this helps.

Yes, that definitely helps a lot. Really appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back