Big Rock 14mm hex hub running 4s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14mm will handle better than 12mm hexes. Larger is always better insurance. 17mm is best. Depends how and where you drive and what model we are talking.
I want to use big rock tires on my tekno eb48. They’re the perfect size for the buggy for bashing. The only thing is the hexes.

For those tires, you're more likely to have issues with the tire coming off the rim than the hex imo.

If I had to guess... you have a spare set of 14mm BR tires laying around and want to use them on the EB which is already 17mm hexed? :unsure:

That's kind of going backwards. And like @Hector_Fisher stated above.... issues with doing that for other reasons. BR tire is not really a robust tire/wheel. You want a better tire more appropriate for a 1/8 scale Buggy. A 17mm hexed wheel won't round out at the hub, while smaller will on this platform. Are you running only 4s or 6s? Going down to 14mm hexed just to acommodate the BR wheels is not really practical. Your call.
I wouldn't do that with my Beloved MT410.:LOL: I have 17mm Copperhead 2's on it. Not my favorite tire but looks great on the shelf.

20230407_220754.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to guess... you have a spare set of 14mm BR tires laying around and want to use them on the EB which is already 17mm hexed? :unsure:

That's kind of going backwards. And like @Hector_Fisher stated above.... issues with doing that for other reasons. BR tire is not really a robust tire/wheel. You want a better tire more appropriate for a 1/8 scale Buggy. A 17mm hexed wheel won't round out at the hub, while smaller will on this platform. Are you running only 4s or 6s? Going down to 14mm hexed just to acommodate the BR wheels is not really practical. Your call.
I wouldn't do that with my Beloved MT410.:LOL: I have 17mm Copperhead 2's on it. Not my favorite tire but looks great on the shelf.

View attachment 291218
Ya, I do have a set of br tires 😁 but I really like the size of them for a buggy basher. 2.8’s are to wide for an eb. Truggy tires are too big. You guys are right. I just need to keep searching for a better alternative. Thnx everyone

EB48 is a track buggy, I would not deviate much from this race bread platform.
I can recommend the Mojave 17mm Stocker tires. ( Fortress tires) They should give you some clearance with the short EB Buggy Arms. I have used them on my 1/8 TLRT Typhon Buggy, no issues. Very durable too.

EB48 is a track buggy, I would not deviate much from this race bread platform.
I can recommend the Mojave 17mm Stocker tires. ( Fortress tires) They should give you some clearance with the short EB Buggy Arms. I have used them on my 1/8 TLRT Typhon Buggy, no issues. Very durable too.
Thnx for the suggestion…that’s a good idea! Will try it…

Fortress Mojave tire is a common tire to use on 1/8 Typhon Buggys for bashing use. Great traction and very durable. And have a quasi monster truck look to them. Just not cheap. Consider that they will last you a long time however. Absolutely buy them cheapest from JennysRC.com. They sell out fast, but get them in weekly usually. Check their website often. Click "Get notified "when they are in stock and scoop them up fast.
MethodRC tires also has Mojave replacement "Type" tires in that size. Can get them pre glued/mounted or non-glued/ mounted (Cheaper)
I personally like true Buggy "Pin" Racing tires in the dirt on my TLRT Typhon. Low profile tires are my Fav. on most of my 1/8 rigs. Duratrac or PL. Big MT tires seem too clumsey, for the way I drive at least. And aren't as durable. They tend to ballon out more and get blowouts easily.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ots-fortress-ara7604v2?variant=32989331652662

Last edited:
Fortress Mojave tire is a common tire to use on 1/8 Typhon Buggys for bashing use. Great traction and very durable. And have a quasi monster truck look to them. Just not cheap. Consider that they will last you a long time however. Absolutely buy them cheapest from JennysRC.com. They sell out fast, but get them in weekly usually. Check their website often. Click "Get notified "when they are in stock and scoop them up fast.
MethodRC tires also has Mojave replacement "Type" tires in that size. Can get them pre glued/mounted or non-glued/ mounted (Cheaper)
I personally like true Buggy "Pin" Racing tires in the dirt on my TLRT Typhon. Low profile tires are my Fav. on most of my 1/8 rigs. Duratrac or PL. Big MT tires seem too clumsey, for the way I drive at least. And aren't as durable. They tend to ballon out more and get blowouts easily.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ots-fortress-ara7604v2?variant=32989331652662
Ya, thnx…my bash spot is a ungroomed track. Using buggy tires it sits to low and bounces around to much. anyways, I’m going to try the Mojave tires.

Buggies are low in general. For handling performance. Chassis hitting the ground is normal up to a point. All depends what you mean by Track and Ungroomed. Short Buggy Arms limit your tire choices. Reconsider where you drive it. Or get a different rig if it is still too low.
Can't be much of a track if you can't drive a 1/8 buggy through it with standard buggy tires, :unsure:
You cant really make the EB a monster truck by running very tall tires. MT's are not for the track anyway. Tall MT tires don't usually hook up on a small confined track. Neither do very tall RC's in general.

Last edited:
Buggies are low in general. For handling performance. Chassis hitting the ground is normal up to a point. All depends what you mean by Track and Ungroomed. Short Buggy Arms limit your tire choices. Reconsider where you drive it. Or get a different rig if it is still too low.
Can't be much of a track if you can't drive a 1/8 buggy through it with standard buggy tires, :unsure:
You cant really make the EB a monster truck by running very tall tires. MT's are not for the track anyway. Tall MT tires don't usually hook up on a small confined track. Neither do very tall RC's in general.
Ya, no it’s a small track I drive that is loose gravel with some small rocks and woods 😁. It’s runs on the track it just needs a hair more clearance. The buggy is a blast to drive. My truggy does great on it. Also, a Swb Mojave with 2.8’s. Just needs a hair more clearance.

Nice to have a track of sorts to run on, no doubt. Maybe you can groom that track with a little work and a shovel???
Create some good "lines" maybe? Some ideas.

Nice to have a track of sorts to run on, no doubt. Maybe you can groom that track with a little work and a shovel???
Create some good "lines" maybe? Some ideas.
😂 ya it’s nice. I like to drive the track and let the car make the track. The chaos of driven an ungroomed track is what makes it fun for me.

Tired the fortress tires to see if they fit. Had a pair from my Mojave. They rub…I’ll keep looking.

^^^ U R doing something very wrong. :rolleyes:

It is absolutely a "Fit". That is simply misinformation to say this to others.

They DO NOT Rub anything. They are "Zero" Offset like any standard Buggy wheel. Ask me how I know.:LOL:
The Mojave Fortress tire and wheel fits just perfect on a Typhon . At all 4's. ( with a Typhon or most any "Buggy" body)
It will raise the height also, which is what I thought you also wanted.:unsure:

Last edited:
I’m sorry to inform you that they do not fit the eb48 2.0. They rub the end of the a arms. Do you have an eb48 2.0? If, not then you’re absolutely wrong. The only way to make them for is to cut the ribs out of the inside of the rim which is a pain and make them not as durable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back