Outcast Wheel hex extenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy5586

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
Anyone running the wheel hex extenders on their rigs? I've been debating the pros and cons, worth it or not and etc on the v2.5 outcast.

I’ll tune suspension with different width hexes up to about 5mm on a 1/8 truggy, but that’s it. Main reason for this is the change of the scrub radius. The steering, and suspension will no longer function as it was designed because you’ve changed the geometry drastically simply to fit a wheel that wasn’t designed for your ride, or to widen it for no other reason than to increase track width the wrong way. Very common with newbs, and the RTR world of things. The more you learn by “doing it wrong” the sooner you drop this from your wheelhouse..

I’ll tune suspension with different width hexes up to about 5mm on a 1/8 truggy, but that’s it. Main reason for this is the change of the scrub radius. The steering, and suspension will no longer function as it was designed because you’ve changed the geometry drastically simply to fit a wheel that wasn’t designed for your ride, or to widen it for no other reason than to increase track width the wrong way. Very common with newbs, and the RTR world of things. The more you learn by “doing it wrong” the sooner you drop this from your wheelhouse..
That makes sense, I was thinking about the changes to everything else that would be effected by increasing the width and what it would strain more than normal

That makes sense, I was thinking about the changes to everything else that would be effected by increasing the width and what it would strain more than normal

Yessir. As was stated above by dure16 I believe; it’ll definitely put unwanted load on bearings, and connection/pivot points, but the main thing for me is always gonna be suspension geometry. Plays a huuuuuuge role in how your stuff drives, and I can’t stand the feedback exhibited of having to force a vehicle around the track.. One of the most knowledgeable guys on YouTube for suspension imo, and excellent at explaining/applying… Skip to 4:10, and go from there. Far more effective to watch a quick vid, than me explaining in text.. 🤙🍺

Yessir. As was stated above by dure16 I believe; it’ll definitely put unwanted load on bearings, and connection/pivot points, but the main thing for me is always gonna be suspension geometry. Plays a huuuuuuge role in how your stuff drives, and I can’t stand the feedback exhibited of having to force a vehicle around the track.. One of the most knowledgeable guys on YouTube for suspension imo, and excellent at explaining/applying… Skip to 4:10, and go from there. Far more effective to watch a quick vid, than me explaining in text.. 🤙🍺

Roger that thank you sir! I'll give it a watch

Anyone running the wheel hex extenders on their rigs? I've been debating the pros and cons, worth it or not and etc on the v2.5 outcast.
The Outcast already has an incredibly wide stance. Wider can be more stable, but wider also sacrifices turning quickness. Since the Outcast is already so wide, I don’t see what even wider will improve. It will certainly turn even slower, so I think wider will be a downgrade.

Back