Method Velociters vs GRP's for general bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Price doesn't matter since the Method's cost about the same as GRP's after shipping/tax ($61.45). I can drive across the river to buy the Velociter's at Hobbytown in Oregon so there is no sales tax or shipping charges ($63.98). I was wondering how good they are for parking lot bashing. I already have some GRP's and they are fine in general.

Really like the looks of the Velociter, just not sure how hard the compound is and how long it would last vs. GRP's. If its similar to GRP's with S5 or S7 compound thats great, if its more like S3 compound I would probably pass.

Why are you spending so much for grps? they're like 40$ for a set of 4 and free shipping on orders 49$ or more. Also I think there is no tax unless you live in new york? Hobbyheroes has never charged me tax and they're based out of new york and I'm in colorado.

https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collections/grp-1-8th-scale-tires

Never heard of Hobby Heroes before, been ordering on ebay and never seen a free shipping offer for GRPs so ive bought 1 set at a time trying different compounds. Im in Washington state and was charged $4.92 for tax, they shipped from New Jersey.
So are you saying go for the GRPs?

Never heard of Hobby Heroes before, been ordering on ebay and never seen a free shipping offer for GRPs so ive bought 1 set at a time trying different compounds. Im in Washington state and was charged $4.92 for tax, they shipped from New Jersey.
So are you saying go for the GRPs?
Ya I would definitely go to hobbyheroes and get the grps. Cheaper and it's a great tire, I just ordered 10 pairs from them the other day actually. They're the best place to get grps imo. :cool:

Ya I would definitely go to hobbyheroes and get the grps. Cheaper and it's a great tire, I just ordered 10 pairs from them the other day actually. They're the best place to get grps imo. :cool:
Free shipping makes a big difference! I'll grab the GrPs, they have $3 off per pair on the GTX-XM7.😁
Edit: just ordered, with the sale it was $75.96 shipped for 8 new tires, sweet!

Last edited:
Why are you spending so much for grps? they're like 40$ for a set of 4 and free shipping on orders 49$ or more. Also I think there is no tax unless you live in new york? Hobbyheroes has never charged me tax and they're based out of new york and I'm in colorado.

https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collections/grp-1-8th-scale-tires
Don't we all need to pay a tax ? I always do.maybey not for shipping but that's usually stuck in the products cost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back