GRP's couldnt handle my 2wd Stampede 🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I mean, they did fine through 4 packs of 3s, but 5 minutes into the first 4s run...
20230709_132413.jpg

Thought I might be able to glue it back down but the rubber is distorted so no way it would be smooth and balanced.

Good thing I have 8 new ones being delivered tomorrow. 😄

Its certainly not as insanely fast as my 6s street Typhon was, but Im very impressed that its only a little slower.

Crap happens, with speed. A brand new tire can blow out in its first pass. Been there. No matter the brand tire. Yeah that tire is toast. CA wont help that one.
I always check the tire beads very closely, new out the box, sometimes needing to add a full bead of CA all around. (BSI IC-2000 or AKA brand CA's) I leave nothing to chance
>>And then, I always Balance every single wheel. This alone helps very much with longevity.
Have fun.

Last edited:
I mean, they did fine through 4 packs of 3s, but 5 minutes into the first 4s run...
View attachment 310415
Thought I might be able to glue it back down but the rubber is distorted so no way it would be smooth and balanced.

Good thing I have 8 new ones being delivered tomorrow. 😄

Its certainly not as insanely fast as my 6s street Typhon was, but Im very impressed that its only a little slower.
Also if you diff unloads it will send the RPMs of the tire to around 2x.
Many times you might need a diff locker on the 2wd rigs.

Crap happens, with speed. A brand new tire can blow out in its first pass. Been there. No matter the brand tire. Yeah that tire is toast. CA wont help that one.
I always check the tire beads very closely, new out the box, sometimes needing to add a full bead of CA all around. (BSI IC-2000 or AKA brand CA's) I leave nothing to chance
>>And then, I always Balance every single wheel. This alone helps very much with longevity.
Have fun.
👍
I have the ic2000 glue, will check all 8 of the new GRP's to make sure they are glued down all the way solid.

Also if you diff unloads it will send the RPMs of the tire to around 2x.
Many times you might need a diff locker on the 2wd rigs.
I wondered if that might be an issue, no front diff to unload so easier to get a single tire spinning.
Running a Fast Lane Machine aluminum diff that uses XO-1 spider gears. 50k had made it through a lot of 3s packs ok with current gearing. Will try going heavier (200k to 500k) if that doesn't work I'll get a diff locker.😎

👍
I have the ic2000 glue, will check all 8 of the new GRP's to make sure they are glued down all the way solid.

I wondered if that might be an issue, no front diff to unload so easier to get a single tire spinning.
Running a Fast Lane Machine aluminum diff that uses XO-1 spider gears. 50k had made it through a lot of 3s packs ok with current gearing. Will try going heavier (200k to 500k) if that doesn't work I'll get a diff locker.😎

Ran a diff locker in my rustler last year. Absolutely killed the fun level in the parking lots. Lots of spinning instead of sliding 😆 🤣
It actually handles like complete crap in a straight line also. I wasn't on grps though. I think what happens is 1 tire expanding more then the other and it caused a pulling effect at speed.

I ran it with 200k this weekend and it did fine but i only ran 2 packs so far. Im going to try 500k next, figured I should experiment and see how high I can go with it and it stil be fun to drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back