Talion Mid-body support frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timson

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I know these frames are here to stop the body crushing and stuff getting bashed on heavy upside down events, but I was wondering how many of you run your vehicles without it...

I don’t like the look of the thing and it’s always in the way..
Bad idea to remove or not?

Attachments

• 3F58CCB3-DF09-4997-9C6F-66FD46907847.jpeg
    3F58CCB3-DF09-4997-9C6F-66FD46907847.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 96
I have a mojave and a kraton, Both have different support structures. The one on the Mojave has the same thing as the one on the pic and it has saved my body plenty of time. If it weren't for that cage and support it would have folded the body like a pancake at least 6 times already (and those bodies are expensive). On the kraton it half saved my body, the back part got a little crushed but for the most part it's fine.

I for one swear by these supports and will never remove them voluntarily unless I absolutely have to.

I run a TeamC truggy body on my Kraton and had to lose the huge stock support that's in there... Don't miss it at all. It's a low profile rounded body so it's pretty tough and not in the way when stuff goes rubber side up, not sure how the Talion body would fare.

I didn't feel like it was in the way too much though. ?‍♂️

I've kept mine in in case the shell caves in and it's not too difficult to remove if you need to get into the diffs etc.

by the way, a bit of a weird question, how do you guys normally carry the car to the bashing spot etc apart from the obvious hand under the chassis? I used to have a k4s and I could just use the strong wheelie bar. Is it safe to carry it by the centre brace or that support frame? :unsure:

I carry it by the rear wing mount. Should be fine whatever you grab considering the abuse these things can take.

I carry my kraton by the Wings mount, the Mojave on the from a-arms and the infraction under the chassis

If you jump, I consider the center body support a must because if it lands upside down without it, you’ll destroy the body, wing mount and wing. If you just do speed runs or mild bashing I’d take it out.

Will the support work on a Typhon? Looks like it's got the mounting points for it, but not sure if it would fit under the body

Don't have a typhon but I'm guessing the support is taller than the Typhon. So no.

I have dry wall taped and Gorilla glued both the Kraton and Talion bodies and they are rock solid - so they would probably survive without the frame. However, I still leave the frame in as it is extra protection and they do end up on the roof reasonably regularly.

At the end of the day, it is only two pin bolts to remove when you are working on them, so I would leave them be for the extra protection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back