Min. temp for bashing and not breaking the body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgm05031

Reaction score
What is the minimum temperature that you think would be the best for bashing and not breaking the body? I was bashing in 40 degree weather and the body took a beating. Just want to avoid buying a new body every couple of months if possible. Thanks for the help!

The brittle temperature of typical polycarbonate is -112 deg F (-80 deg C). Chances are that you will not be in an environment that cold so I don't think temperature will be a factor. Yes, bodies can take a beating!

If you haven't yet, I would tape the inside of the body up with Black Gorilla Tape. I've also used drywall fiber tape and Shoe goo but the Gorilla Tape seems work better. It won't cure the problem with the cold vs. Poly but it sure helps.

The brittle temperature of typical polycarbonate is -112 deg F (-80 deg C). Chances are that you will not be in an environment that cold so I don't think temperature will be a factor. Yes, bodies can take a beating!
temperature is definitely a factor, at 40 degrees everything in your RC will break more easily

I'd say 45°+ would be ideal you can bash in colder temps just make sure it's nice and easy cause the plastic gets real brittle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back