Kraton MMX8S mount ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I’m putting a new MMX8S in my XL KRATON and in the past used double sided tape but it turns loose. How do you guys mount yours? I have three different esc mounts. M2C Radiocontrolpower and stock. I wish Castle would design a better more durable casing for the MMX8S. The fan shroud is weak too.

I’ve got the 4th dimension mount. Haven’t actually ran it yet, but it definitely cradles the esc nicely.

I’ve got the 4th dimension mount. Haven’t actually ran it yet, but it definitely cradles the esc nicely.
I haven’t heard of 4th dimension. I’m going to try to look into it. Where did you find it?

I can’t see a 4th Dimension mount for the Kraton :(

Message him on his website, it’s probably just out of stock. When I bought mine I messaged him and he printed another and shipped it within 3-ish days.

Message him on his website, it’s probably just out of stock. When I bought mine I messaged him and he printed another and shipped it within 3-ish days.
Thanks

I can’t see a 4th Dimension mount for the Kraton :(
Any of the 6s trucks will work. They all use the same esc mount.

I just ordered the RPM esc cage for the MMX8s-- according to RPM, it is for the 1/5 scale Kraton but I am hoping to adapt it to fit the 1/8th scale.
It actaully arrives today-- Ill let you know what i find out.

However, it doesn't seem like it is going to address the primary concern that you and i both share... the weak fan mount/shroud on the MMX8s. I've searched this forum quite a bit for other options and the only thing I can find online or here is the Xtreme Cool mount on ebay. It looks like a partial solution to the fan issue not but not complete.

8A46C881-F0B8-4EE2-BCAA-4A37F8807143.jpeg

Probably the best picture I have of my 4th dimension mount. It hugs the esc pretty nicely but it does require a little trimming on Mojave side guard. And it will not work with a factory Fireteam chassis.

I had to shave off a little on this bump of the side guard.

72C7641C-7651-4230-8778-2041BF0795C1.png

I’m putting a new MMX8S in my XL KRATON and in the past used double sided tape but it turns loose. How do you guys mount yours? I have three different esc mounts. M2C Radiocontrolpower and stock. I wish Castle would design a better more durable casing for the MMX8S. The fan shroud is weak too.
Gorilla tape has worked wonderfully for me. I’ve never had an ESC come loose with it.

Alcohol clean before applying.

https://a.co/d/etHw3jQ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back