Mojave Mojave 4s Issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Mojave 4s
New guy here looking for some advice,
Just starting to get into the hobby, so not the most knowledgeable yet, But decided to add a Mojave 4s to the stable a couple days ago, and finally got a chance to run it today. After about 5 minutes in the front yard, I noticed the steering wasn't quite making its full sweep consistantly, and input from the remote seemed very delayed, and at times it would take off full throttle on its own then stop. Brought it back inside and re-pair the remote, and re-set the esc, tried again and got the same issues.. Was running it on my 5000Mah 50c 3s spektrum if that helps. I've got a email into HH, but figured I'd reach out here aswell for some help/advice. TIA!

IMG_20231230_193450_633.jpg

You need to check that the Servo saver has not failed or loosened. Also appears to be on B/O right now according to another member here with their 4s 4x4. I seen another post with similar 4s issue. Sluggish lame steering response. Worse case, the Servo is not up to snuff/weak, or just failed. IDK from where I am sitting.
Did you double check that your Steering EPA setting/ procedure was correct out the box? Usually best to reset that yourself. Factory falls short sometimes, from my exper., with my various Arrma's. Very poorly setup ST EPA will cause a failed servo, while also stressing the Servo saver all to much. A slight modification to a Kimbrough HD Servo saver might be one other option .IDK. I don't own any of the 4x4 Arrma's. I'm all 6s rigs here. But have used Kimbrough HD SS's on many other brand rigs I have here.

>>>Have a very close look at the servo saver when you turn the wheels. It should be apparent enough if the SS is causing this or its the Servo itself.

Last edited:
You need to check that the Servo saver has not failed or loosened. I seen another post with similar 4s issue. Sluggish lame steering response. Worse case, the Servo is not up to snuff weak, just failed. IDK from where I am sitting.
Did you douyble check that your Steering EPA setting/ procedure was correct out the box? Usually best to reset it that yourself. Factory falls short sometimes, from my exper., with my various Arrma's.
I didn't check the servo saver no. I was personally thinking it was maybe something with the esc or servo, because for the first 5ish minutes it had no issues steering, then it'd intermittently stop steering correctly, and no/delayed throttle response, and would take off on its own. Then it'd steer and drive proper, then start messing up again. Would the steering EPA cause throttle issues aswell?

Looks like a servo issue then, but you must eliminate the SS as the issue first.
I have seen some Spektrum stocker servos take out/fry the stocker ESC before. The servo ends up shorting out the ESC's BEC circuit and power supply circuit.
If there is also an obvious ESC issue that you see, disconnect the Servo from the Receiver, then check your ESC throttle again like this, on the bench. Trying to eliminate and isolate the cause of the issue. Worse case both the ESC and servo are bricked. The servo most likely and probably took out the ESC. Seen it happen that way. Just some considerations to think about.
Some ideas.

Last edited:
Looks like a servo issue then, but you must eliminate the SS as the issue first.
I have seen some Spektrum stocker servos take out/fry the stocker ESC before. The servo ends up shorting out the ESC's BEC circuit and power supply circuit.
If there is also an obvious ESC issue that you see, disconnect the Servo from the Receiver, then check your ESC throttle again like this, on the bench. Trying to eliminate and isolate the cause of the issue. Worse case both the ESC and servo are bricked. The servo most likely and probably took out the ESC. Seen it happen that way. Just some considerations to think about.
Some ideas.
Really appreciate the advice and things to try and look at! I heard about some issues with the 4s line, just kinda sucks right out of the box I'm having problems. I've got a Granite 3s and the gorgon and they've been amazing, so just luck of the draw I guess !

Really appreciate the advice and things to try and look at! I heard about some issues with the 4s line, just kinda sucks right out of the box I'm having problems. I've got a Granite 3s and the gorgon and they've been amazing, so just luck of the draw I guess !

Good day! I don't speak English, so I use an online translator. I just got my mojave 4s and ran into the same problem as you. Please tell me, have you figured out the reason for this behavior? I will be very grateful for your answer!

Good day! I don't speak English, so I use an online translator. I just got my mojave 4s and ran into the same problem as you. Please tell me, have you figured out the reason for this behavior? I will be very grateful for your answer!
Yes! Sorry forgot to update the thread, I put in an email to Horizon Hobby, and they sent me a new servo, ESC and receiver/transmitter under warranty, I swapped them all out and have only had a chance to run a pack through it, and it seems to be good so far!

Да! Извините, забыл обновить тему, я отправил электронное письмо в Horizon Hobby, и они прислали мне новый сервопривод, регулятор скорости и приемник/передатчик по гарантии, я поменял их все и имел возможность прогнать через него только пакет, и вроде бы пока всё хорошо!
Спасибо за ваш быстрый ответ! Я напишу своему продавцу

Yes! Sorry forgot to update the thread, I put in an email to Horizon Hobby, and they sent me a new servo, ESC and receiver/transmitter under warranty, I swapped them all out and have only had a chance to run a pack through it, and it seems to be good so far!
HH hooked you up.
They sent you all of it, to start you over fresh.(y)(y)

Back