Mojave Mojave 4S motor choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otp3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Mojave 4s
Hi.

I have a few motors laying around not being used. And if/when the stock motor gives out, or I just wanna change to something different. Would some of my existing motors suit the mojave 4s?

The motors I already have is: CC 1512 1800kv, 3682 1800kv(but measured value is 1935kv). And a same sized can and kv like the stock one, only it's a traxxas motor lol.

I will be running 4s most of the time, and is 1800kv to low for this platform on 4s? Either the bigger can or the longer can?

It works on 1/8 buggy racing, but will one of these motors work on this basher u think?

Thomas

I think it should on 4s packs. Lower KV's will offer some more Torque in general. Just gear it up as needed.
It all comes down to gearing in the end, when swapping out to upgrade motors. Have some larger pinions on hand. Evaluate from there.

TRX motor or whatever, an opened and cleaned out Motor with good well oil lubed BB's matters the most.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I might just try if the stock motor dies. Im actually happy with the stock motor performance I must say, I vas thinking that it might be a little underpowered given the small can size on a 1/8 scale. I did swap the stock pinion to a 18t, and it rips. It's cold temps outside, so haven't had any heat issues.
I have a lot of pinions from over the years so I might find something suited for the cc 1512 1800kv.
I accually opened the 3682 1800 motor to clean and oil bearings, and did find something strange, the magnet rotor was the same length in the long 82mm can as the shorter 70mm can. Only with longer shafts lol, both are trx motors. The can on the 82mm is just longer and filled with air, stator and windings are same size like the short can. Only different kv.
So I ditched the idea of trying the longer 1800kv.

Pretty stoked at the performance of the mojave. First arrma rtr I ever had. Just need some stiffer springs I think.

Back