Mojave Mojave w/1500KV TP Gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roc_the_Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
Just dropped a TP 3640(?) 1500KV Motor in my Mojave with a Max6. ESC. I wanted more torque/less heat without changing motor mounts so TP was my solution. And I dislike the stock spectrum setup. Any similar setups? Looking for suggestions on gearing. First run was on 17/50 gears. Also, is there a better battery tray for the Mojave? I hate the stock tray!

PXL_20230706_213251092~2.jpg

PXL_20230706_170429649.jpg

That same Lipo Tray is in every single 6s Arrma. It is the second revision that has carried over for many years now.
What don't you like about it? :unsure:
That front lifting piece bracket can be removed, if your lipos are too tall for it.
HR made an alloy replacement lipo tray, but has since been discontinued. Maybe you can find one floating around. IDK. I believe when this current 6s Arrma Lipo tray was revised to what it is now.
You can get creative, and make your own lipo tray, like the speed runners do with their custom chassis builds.

BTW, Most, including myself, will move the Lipo tray Rearward for better chassis balance and less nose diving. The holes are there already on the XLWB Mojo chassis. Only for dedicated speed running would I recommend leaving the lipo tray in the stock Forward position. To keep the nose planted at high speeds. For off road and jumping, the Rear position is best. I find the Mojo loves to nose dive out the box, in its stock form.
I also installed a front windshield. To reduce some of that inherent drag from the Mojo body.
Food for thought.
:cool:

Last edited:
Just dropped a TP 3640(?) 1500KV Motor in my Mojave with a Max6. ESC. I wanted more torque/less heat without changing motor mounts so TP was my solution. And I dislike the stock spectrum setup. Any similar setups? Looking for suggestions on gearing. First run was on 17/50 gears. Also, is there a better battery tray for the Mojave? I hate the stock tray!

View attachment 309755

View attachment 309756
Are you sure that is not a 4060 or something?
That does not look like a 3640

Really not relevant, but a 36mm motor would be undersized for this size rig.
As an FYI the first 2 digits is the can diameter. The 2nd two numbers have to do with the can length but does not translate to length in mm.
a 4050 motor is 40x81mm 4060 is 40x93mm and the 4070 is 40x107mm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back