Mojave Mojave.. whats it for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxr006

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I went to local hobby store to get more parts for my bashed up Kraton, and bought my son along. They had a 1/6 scale LOSI baja and it looked amazing. my son was asking for it for Christmas.

I don't know much about Losi, but started looking at the Mojave EXB.

But i'm not sure what a Mojave is for.

Like the Kraton seems like a RC you can beat the poop out of it.. its made for bashing, big air, fun nearly anywhere.

I don't see much about the Mojave on youtube. Is this for racing / desert running, etc...? Do you love your Mojave (esp if you own a Kraton?)

Thanks guys.

Desert racing
red bull show GIF

I bash the poop out of mine!
Also have a talion and senton. Mojave way bigger than a senton and bigger than a kraton
792E16CB-0829-46A1-9DA2-24B532940CE8.jpeg

The kraton in the middle of the Mojave and stretched talion (Mojave chasis).
27CF837D-4F59-425F-91A1-8015A39FD618.jpeg

Hard to go wrong w any arrma. All depends on ur style of bashing. I would confidently send any of my arrma off the biggest jump or ramp avail lol.

My feelings from having a mojave and both 3s and 6s typhon is that it handles rough terrain very well, goes fast in straight line over very rough stuff that would kick my typhon sideways or make it hard to handle. It has soft quick suspension, it leans and bucks around is a riot to drive. It does not handle a track or tight turns well especially if there is good traction, then it tends to roll over a lot. If its dry and dusty then it pitches the rear around and I can slide through turns. It's pretty quick in a straight line and doesn't want to wheelie much because it's long. If you don't have a lot of room to let it stretch its legs it may be as much fun as a smaller kraton or typhon. On 6s it runtime is not as long as it is with my typhon 6s on the same battery.

I put my talion on a mojave pan,went mostly aluminium too. Just bought 1650kv max6 combo for it.4076 2000kv gets hot to fast. Probably going to getexb mojave an add more aluminium, except arms,something has to give.?

How old is your son?

Mojave is one big car.
Big Cars need big brains also.
They are heavy and more dangerous than smal ones if you got hit.

My son needs drive couple more years with 1:10 before he can drive 1:7.

SCT Trucks are best beginner cars actually . Because the wheels are covered by body.
When Tumble Womble it hard, you have alot more cover for the wheels. Same thing when you Crash sideways.
SCT bodies cover alot damages.
Buggies and Monster have open wheels. These cars got more Damage , like broken A arms. Hubs and things.

I post photo Size compare 1:10 vs 1:7 SCT
Senton 3s is my Sons 1:10. Mojave in Middle is mine. 1:7
1:7: more heavy, and more dangerous to smal guys if they got hit by the car in leg.

Better let the little guys grow before let them drive Heavy Cars if you ask me.

SCT is greatest choise for Beginners.
And alot fun also for Experienced drivers.
You can drive it alround. Asphalt, Sand, Mud. Snow, Rain,
The ultimate is sand, , Gravel Pit or Desert for SCT.s

4-8 years old maybe 1:16 is better
9-15 - 1:10
15-18+ 1:7
18-20+ 1:5-1:6

I had Large Scale before. 1:5 - 1:6 I don't like them.
1:7 - 1:8 are most fun if you ask me. Great handling and response overall.

Large Scale weight to much, handling is slow. Great if you are OLD like 60+ maybe

mojave exb vs slash 4x4.JPG

My feelings from having a mojave and both 3s and 6s typhon is that it handles rough terrain very well, goes fast in straight line over very rough stuff that would kick my typhon sideways or make it hard to handle. It has soft quick suspension, it leans and bucks around is a riot to drive. It does not handle a track or tight turns well especially if there is good traction, then it tends to roll over a lot. If its dry and dusty then it pitches the rear around and I can slide through turns. It's pretty quick in a straight line and doesn't want to wheelie much because it's long. If you don't have a lot of room to let it stretch its legs it may be as much fun as a smaller kraton or typhon. On 6s it runtime is not as long as it is with my typhon 6s on the same battery.
Good description of the Mojave, this is exactly the definition of a desert racer truck. Long travel/soft springs, high speed over rough terrain, straight lines and jumps mostly

Love the Mojave.just did first run with new system.max6/4050 tp 2100kv.7s run and an absolute animal .definitely not a toy.8s video coming soon.i run mine everywhere. Park,street,work,highway..jk..lol.

20201130_165657.jpg

20201130_165829.jpg

thanks guys. great videos and pictures. I think i'm going to get it, just for looks alone.

Appreciate the insight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back