Motor bearings??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampguts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
I recently got an Outcast and picked up a Fast Eddy kit for it. I assumed it included motor bearings, but now I've got my motor apart the two bearings I thought were for it are too large in outside diameter. Where do these two bearings go?

I don't have any experience with Fast Eddy bearings but I know you can pick up a set of motor bearings from Jimsbearings for about $4

I just thought it was a complete kit, and now I'm wondering what I missed that these go into.

Fast Eddy kit does not include bearings for the motor. It includes bearing for every other bearing on the truck though, and there should be 4 additional bearings to replace the bushings in the steering.

Fast Eddy kit does not include bearings for the motor. It includes bearing for every other bearing on the truck though, and there should be 4 additional bearings to replace the bushings in the steering.
I started with the steering. I've ordered some bearings to supplement the package, now.

No. But I started with steering, did the hubs next. I assumed the six bearings I had left that were the same size were for the differentials, and the two larger ones I had were for the input shafts to the front and rear ones. These two bearings are small. I'll have to measure later for size, but slightly larger than the ones used in the steering system.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing with my Outcast will let you know if i end up with the same bearings leftover.

Can you use sealed bearings in the motor? Will it stand the heat?
I use hybrid ceramics in mine, it has a rubber seal on one side and a metal shield on the other.

How'd you get the bearing out of the back cap? I'm at a loss.
It's very hard, I messed with it for about an hour before ending up just drilling through the whole thing to push it out. Not sure how it's going to work but I will post an update here after I get my new engine bearings on Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_20190319_161528.jpg
    IMG_20190319_161528.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 91
How'd you get the bearing out of the back cap? I'm at a loss.
What I did was take the rotor and use the end with the little lip on it, where the pinion goes, and used that to hook onto the bearing and it came right out.

What I did was take the rotor and use the end with the little lip on it, where the pinion goes, and used that to hook onto the bearing and it came right out.
Tried that. Both at room temperature and after freezing the bearing by inverting a can of electronics duster. No dice.

Tried that. Both at room temperature and after freezing the bearing by inverting a can of electronics duster. No dice.
My first one I drilled a 5mm hole in the back side of the bearing.

It's in my D8T now. I just put some tape aluminum tape over the hole. I'll get a pic of the back of the motor.
20190313_231711.jpg

20190326_180003.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.