MST 2.5 high battery tray - rev2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshjosh

Fast, Faster, Boom…
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Vendetta
This is rev2 of my battery tray for MST 2.0/2.5’s. Rev3 is on the printer now, and includes a lot more holes for mounting, and holes to lighten it. The model retains the different mounting holes for the 4000 and 5000 mah batteries, but the number of braces is reduced.
IMG_5265.jpeg
IMG_5264.jpeg

Rev3 printed out, it weighs 30grams, 10grams less than Rev2. I’ve made a few changes already, some areas gone a little too thin, let’s call it Rev 3.1 😬😂
IMG_5279.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. I’m actually trimming a little more around the deck. Overall it’s great! I tested it yesterday, and it delivers! Using TI screws would get this under 30g’s as is.
IMG_5296.jpeg

Trimmed out everything I could, and used some TI screws. I was able to shave off another 3g’s. I think I’m happy with it now!
IMG_5313.jpeg

Trimmed out everything I could, and used some TI screws. I was able to shave off another 3g’s. I think I’m happy with it now!View attachment 361777
This was 27 1/2 grams even with TI screws, the new mount is 23 1/2 with regular hardware. I could get it really close to 20 with TI hardware. This is a competition focused mount, as it is designed to fit the GA 2S HV shorty 4000mah packs that most run for comps.

IMG_5335.jpeg

Back