My vintage Traxxas hawk 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangman66$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
Hello guys and gals I have had this truck since I was 6 ran it for several years. I decided to actually rebuild this thing not super crazy but fast enough.
522087E7-B986-4D5A-AE8C-FEB825C24C7C.jpeg

This is amazing!!! So my first hobby grade RC was a Traxxas Rustler that I purchased in 1994 at the age of 13. BUT, my first exposure to a hobby grade RC was my uncles Hawk 2. That is so cool. I haven't seen one of these since probably 91-92. Sweet rig man! Those were better times, and worse plastics. Lol.

how about an 1985 Tamiya Hornet.. this car ran strong up until around 2000. Was my older brothers that we a blast with for years.

Attachments

• 85 hornet.jpg
    85 hornet.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 85 hornet4.jpg
    85 hornet4.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 85 hornet1.jpg
    85 hornet1.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 56
I think back in the day the plastic was fragile and this thing couldn’t take a whole lot of abuse compared to nowadays and this thing came these instead of bearing but the were an optional part though
44F44414-E394-4805-80A3-720F5BD1905A.jpeg

The good ole oil light bushings!! My rustler had those factory with the kit as well. I replaced them like 2 years later because I was a broke 13 yr old with a paper route and a cheap father. :)

Its wicked cool to rebuild vintage cars, but sorta scary at the same time. In that if a part breaks, you cant neccesarily find a replacement part easily and not always cheap either.

I found my old Losi XXcr kenwald edition buggy, wanted to rebuild it. But parts are tricky.

A retro colored theme would be awesome for the body once your done

i have it in my mind that I am not going to bash it. Because of that reason some parts available some part are available with a cost and some don’t exist so I have a friend with a 3D printer so we’ll see what happens lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back