Kraton New fan setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick

Reaction score
i need some advice i need a really nice fan heat shield for this new kraton 6s motor its running really hot.just got the temp gun today.i would like a nice setUp so many options

IMG_7399.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

IMG_7387.jpeg

You posted in the 8s section. Needs to be in the 6s section. But thats all good.
Not quite sure what you plan on doing there. Running the stocker 6s motor and want fans for it, or running that Coke can 8s motor???:LOL:
With the stocker Spektrum motor I would find a nice Double fan mount and mount 2 Rocket alloy 40mm fans side by side. Don't use ANY Heatsink. The motor is a HS already by design. Air blowing directly at the motor is best. My spin.

What exact motor temps are you seeing right now??

Keeping it below 150F is a good target give or take. Internally that roughly equates to 212F +/- temps . That is the limit for these motors, before the rotors fail and explode. A locked motor usually results. The whole Motor becomes bricked. 140F is a good max Temp goal. Outside weather temps matter. Opening the motor periodically to Keep the motor cleaned out and BB's lubed with oil, it should stay coolest this way.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back