Kraton XLX2 stock fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Anyone know what temperature the XLX2 fan is supposed to come on at? I have searched everywhere but can’t find anything about it.

I don't think it's documented anywhere but, if I were to hazard a guess, it's probably somewhere around 150-160°F. That still leaves a good amount of headroom before you start to enter critical territory (I would avoid going anywhere north of 190°F...that'll still give you a sliver of safety but that's no guarantee that you couldn't cause damage to an ESC by going into deep waters on the regular) and give the fan time to do its job since the temps are going to keep climbing for the first 30-45 seconds of fan operation..

I thought its was in the 130-140f range but I don't know. I believe it shuts back off when the ESC gets back down around 90f

All a wild guess ultimately but it may help. It works well and runs cool so I have not put much thought into the subject.

I thought its was in the 130-140f range but I don't know. I believe it shuts back off when the ESC gets back down around 90f

All a wild guess ultimately but it may help. It works well and runs cool so I have not put much thought into the subject.
130...150...we're treading dangerously close to the "distinction without a difference" label here bro. And ease up on the pedantry will ya? That's my wheelhouse!

But to your overarching point, it does work very well. :)

I fabbed cf mounts and I hardwired a 40mm high cfm fan to the rx.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-8s-exb-🦂.59354/

1708375951778.jpeg

I have wired my fans to run all the time. I hooked a light to the fan wires so I can tell if it starts getting hot. It’s cold outside so I have yet to make it come on. This summer I’m sure that will change. I got the light mounted on the wing support so I see it while driving. If I knew what temp it came on I could better judge whether to give it a rest or keep on bashing. Did the same on a MMX8s and it worked good. Don’t know that ESC’s fan temp either.

Back