Kraton 8s fan problems question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_rowe89

Reaction score
So i picked up a Kraton 8s off of Facebook Market Place a couple weeks ago as a project. Now this is only my second RC car i've done this with in terms of going through a full "restoration", the first being an Xmaxx. Now the problem i'm having is that neither the fans on the motor or ESC want to come on. I picked up a set of fan splitters and extension cables to run the fans to the receiver, nothing happens. So far i've taken an extension cable, plugged it into the cable for the esc fan and then ran it to the receiver (it has a built in splitter for the fan motor.) and nothing comes on. Outside of that i've just plugged the fan for the motor into the receiver with a cable extension and nothing comes on. There are two open slots for the receiver to accept additional plugs and neither one seems to be making the fans come on. Could this be a case of both fans being dead or a issue with the receiver and esc?

Esc is a 160 amp Spektrum and the Motor is a 1250kv Spektrum motor. Both fans seem to be stock. The car does indeed run up and down the street but the fans just don't come on.

Did you try reversing the connector? Maybe you plugged them in wrong? Tbh the stock fans suck so I'd get some new ones anyway.

Is this a direct replacement fan? Upgrade? Check the things already mentioned and sometimes it can pay to check that the fan blades aren't rubbing on anything. They may be trying to start but there's some sort of interference from the fan cage.

Huh, i didn't even think about flipping the connectors around. I'm so used to computer fans where it either doesn't matter or they are keyed and there is only one way they will fit in. Swapped the connectors 180 and they both kicked on when plugged into the receiver. The ESC fan sounds a little crusty so it will probably need to be replaced soon but at least now they are working. Thanks guys!!

Back