Infraction New Infraction V2 - Loss of Signal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AStef

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
Hey guys - just picked up my new Infraction V2 (blue) today and it goes out of range from about 40 metres? It's got brand new batteries in the reciever (cheap ones though) and fully charged 100c 3s lipo batteries..

I have a black Felony and the range is awesome (the reciever has Duracell's in it) - no issue with that one at all!

Any help would be appreciated?
Cheers

I would check and make sure the antenna wire is fully up inside the antenna tube

If that still doesn't fix the issue, then the antenna wire may be damaged and you will need to warranty it.

I would check and make sure the antenna wire is fully up inside the antenna tube

If that still doesn't fix the issue, then the antenna wire may be damaged and you will need to warranty it.
Cheers, I'll try that!
Open up the transmitter if you can. Happened to me when I USED to own traxxPISSS. The antenna wire was disconnected. I would just warranty it.
Will do, thanks!

FYI, the thing in your hand is the transmitter. The receiver is installed in a box on your rig.
If you truly installed batteries into your receiver you have other issues ;)

Like others stated, I would inspect the receiver antenna wire (grey) over the entire length, it's inside the tube as well. The last ~2" is the actual antenna.
Any sharp bends or 'kinks' anywhere on the grey wire and it's almost a guarantee that it's damaged. That would severely reduce range.
Should be under warranty if that is available down under.

So it ended up being that the aerial
Like others stated, I would inspect the receiver antenna wire (grey) over the entire length, it's inside the tube as well. The last ~2" is the actual antenna.
Any sharp bends or 'kinks' anywhere on the grey wire and it's almost a guarantee that it's damaged. That would severely reduce range.
Should be under warranty if that is available down under.
All sorted!
The antenna wire was only partially up the inside of the plastic tube. I've extended it up all the way and the range seems good!
Cheers to everyone that replied - you can tell I'm new to all this lol :ROFLMAO:

So it ended up being that the aerial

All sorted!
The antenna wire was only partially up the inside of the plastic tube. I've extended it up all the way and the range seems good!
Cheers to everyone that replied - you can tell I'm new to all this lol :ROFLMAO:
Good. You said "seem" it should be good as the other RC. My issue I had a kink in mine and it was due to me. I pushed the black antenna tube down too hard and it pinched the gray antenna. The antenna ran along the base/bottom from the rx housing to where the black tube is held and by pushing it down too hard I pinched it or pinned it at the base. I replaced the antenna and the range was so far for me the RC was hard for me to see it. Just FYI

cheers for letting me know!
Good. You said "seem" it should be good as the other RC. My issue I had a kink in mine and it was due to me. I pushed the black antenna tube down too hard and it pinched the gray antenna. The antenna ran along the base/bottom from the rx housing to where the black tube is held and by pushing it down too hard I pinched it or pinned it at the base. I replaced the antenna and the range was so far for me the RC was hard for me to see it. Just FYI

FYI, the thing in your hand is the transmitter. The receiver is installed in a box on your rig.
If you truly installed batteries into your receiver you have other issues ;)
^^^ This. Gospel

Back