Kraton New Kraton EXB 6S V2? stock speed runs…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgitalchaos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Just ran the new Kraton EXB. Fully stock, I hit 58MPH, and with the 16T pinion, I could only hit 65MPH. I have the Spektrum 50C lipos and Ovonics 50C and the new ESC V2 certainly requires more amperage as it kept amping out. Arrma always delivers on their on the box speed, but I know with better batteries, it’ll be faster than 65MPH with the 16T pinion.

Fully stock speed run:

IMG_8657.png

IMG_8656.png

Last edited:
It really shouldn't Amp cut IMHO, with those 2 pinions. But this new one has gotten a bit heavier. Try lowering your Punch setting lower. Also drop the Motor Timing Down to zero/bottomed out. What I would do first. Will run way cooler. Then work your way up a notch at a time with your Punch. And evaluate from there.
Leaving Timing low always. Also, AVC can cut the motor as well. Appearing that it is Amp cutting.
Lower the AVC Gain, if you kept AVC enabled by default out the box. AVC "Gain" set near 10% to 20% tops is all you want or need. AVC will get finicky, any higher you go, with no advantage or gain.
Nice rig.

Last edited:
That’s pretty decent out of the box for what you get, but what can it actually do off-road?

It really shouldn't Amp cut IMHO, with those 2 pinions. But this new one has gotten a bit heavier. Try lowering your Punch setting lower. Also drop the Motor Timing Down to zero/bottomed out. What I would do first. Will run way cooler. Then work your way up a notch at a time with your Punch. And evaluate from there.
Leaving Timing low always. Also, AVC can cut the motor as well. Appearing that it is Amp cutting.
Lower the AVC Gain, if you kept AVC enabled by default out the box. AVC "Gain" set near 10% to 20% tops is all you want or need. AVC will get finicky, any higher you go.
Nice rig.
I never run AVC unless I let someone else drive, so I make sure it's off. It's amping out for sure on the 16T but not the 13T. I've gotten my stock Infraction to 106MPH and my stock Typhon 6S to 101MPH, so I'm used to those systems. I wanted to get a baseline with fully stock out of the box settings on this V2 ESC. Batteries could also have gotten cold, which makes them amp out sooner as well. Thanks for your recommendations, I'll start there for sure. It's colder here in Colorado, so the stock 22º timing doesn't really affect the temperature too much.
That’s pretty decent out of the box for what you get, but what can it actually do off-road?
Well that's what it's designed for, so I'm sure you can go watch all the off-road videos of it on YouTube.

You absolutely don't want or need the default 22.5 Degrees of Motor timing. I bet you won't even notice any difference. Motor timing is an overrated feature. And not a good match for the OE Firma 2050. Even if Arrma defaults that 22.5 deg. setting out the box. Zero or 3.75 is where I find myself.
And yes even though its cold out, the motor can get hot internally, just more briefly in Colder temps. Even Fully Charged, Cold lipo Packs can get flat, so this could be part of the cutting issue. Best to keep the packs warm as possible until you run them. Gets you a head start. Your K6s is not geared tall enough to cause amp cutting like a speed runner. I never experienced that. Doing speed passes and all with mine. Sure its possible. Just that the New V2 Firma 150 shouldn't do that. It supposedly has more Torque over the V1. But that could just be wishful Marketing at its best. There's literally no proof of this. :unsure:
Try dropping the Punch down a notch or so. See if it still cuts. Punch equates to Amp delivery. I would want to get to the bottom of that cutting for sure.

Last edited:
I meant speed runs off road, I doubt those tires and the ESC make it to 50 on hard pack or real grass. 🤷‍♂️ haven’t seen any
Well that's what it's designed for, so I'm sure you can go watch all the off-road videos of it on YouTube.

Last edited:
I meant speed runs off road, I doubt those tires and the ESC make it to 50 on hard pack or real grass. 🤷‍♂️ haven’t seen any
I misunderstood! It snowed a bit or I would’ve also ran it off road. I’m guessing about 45MPH stock off road and about 48-50MPH with stock pinion.
You absolutely don't want or need the default 22.5 Degrees of Motor timing. I bet you won't even notice any difference. Motor timing is an overrated feature. And not a good match for the OE Firma 2050. Even if Arrma defaults that 22.5 deg. setting out the box. Zero or 3.75 is where I find myself.
And yes even though its cold out, the motor can get hot internally, just more briefly in Colder temps. Even Fully Charged, Cold lipo Packs can get flat, so this could be part of the cutting issue. Best to keep the packs warm as possible until you run them. Gets you a head start. Your K6s is not geared tall enough to cause amp cutting like a speed runner. I never experienced that. Doing speed passes and all with mine. Sure its possible. Just that the New V2 Firma 150 shouldn't do that. It supposedly has more Torque over the V1. But that could just be wishful Marketing at its best. There's literally no proof of this. :unsure:
Try dropping the Punch down a notch or so. See if it still cuts. Punch equates to Amp delivery. I would want to get to the bottom of that cutting for sure.
Timing acts like gearing. The only way to get 100+ on my Typhon was on 22° with punch at 4. Zero° got me 95MPH, and 15° and 18° both got me to 96°, and 26° got me to 86° due to amping out. Check out the videos, I posted two. It’s 100% amping out, but I’m sure a lot of that had to do with battery temps. Punch also affects acceleration, but I’m not going full throttle immediately. I’m not sure where you’re located, so I don’t know where you’re doing your speed runs, but I don’t doubt you. Again, this was just a baseline run and wanted to put out the info as stock as possible.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back