New to Arrma and Spektrum. Telemetry help with Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Obsessed-

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New here. Not new to RC, but have been out of it awhile. That said, I'm new to Arrma and Spektrum and just picked up a Kraton 8s EXB RTR, Spektrum 10,000mah 4s basher batteries, and a Spektrum DX5 Pro transmitter.

My question is which telemetry is available with this setup? I don't see anything in the remote despite selecting the relevant fields (I actually added all to see which ones showed data) however the screen shows nothing at all. I also tried to put Telemetry on the main screen, and yet my screen looks the exact same as before with trims on the bottom.

Any advice?

Welcome to the forum. Do have to have the module that goes into the remote?

Does it need one? The product pages and all literature says telemetry is built in and I don't see anywhere in any of the literature that a separate module is required. The only accessory listed is the 2s lipo battery for it.

I'm not 100% sure. Just a thought. I bought a module for my Felony, to use with the app but never installed it because I heard it was bricking the transmitter.

Looking at the binding instructions I stumbled across a note that you must rebind if your frame rate is 5.5ms and you wish to switch to 11ms with telemetry. I suppose that can be read that 5.5ms doesn't offer telemetry and I need to rebind at 11ms. I'll try that tonight and report back.

I'm not 100% sure. Just a thought. I bought a module for my Felony, to use with the app but never installed it because I heard it was bricking the transmitter.
+1.
The Spektrum BT modules are horrible, And that is if luckily they even work. Many have issues with them. HH has hard time even supporting you in regards. They are clueless. Its a failure And Not accurate if they do even work. Don't waste your coin. Just buy a better Radio IMHO. I heard some actually had bricked their DX3, once The BT mod. was installed. Unreversibly so.
Telem is kind of over rated anyway.
The only Basic rudimentary Telem data you get with the RTR DX3 radio out the box ( if this is your radio) is the Lipo capacity using Leds that only give you a vague rough idea. And ONLY if you are running Spektrum's "Supposedly" Smart Lipos.

Last edited:
Just to close this out since I figured it out. The manual wasnt very clear but tracked it back to the frame rate. You cannot have telemetry in 5.5ms frame rate mode. Only 11ms and slower allows for telemetry.

Reset everything, rebound at 11ms and we are good now.

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back