New v5 Typhon - no foam in tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarnbu

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a new 6s V5 Typhon and after the 3rd trip out with her this happens. Upon inspection I have noticed there is no foam inside! All other corners feel as they have (I.e don’t feel flat) anyone else seen this with a brand new Arrma ?

E7E26ABD-9551-4011-B889-48D0E94F8EFE.png

When “diffing out” a single tire can reach a speed of more then 200mph, at this speeds, yes, the foam will rip the tire and fly off.

Try not to give it more throttle when you se a single tire spin and stretches

Not sure how i stop this then. Was just bashing over the local Football pitch running in a straight line when now you mention it remember seeing something fly 50 feet in the air. Is this normal ? Or do I need to buy a better set of rubber than the stock tires ?
Running on 6s this thing is quick !

The stock DBoots tires are thin. I bought some Nanda tires for £12 a pair and they have been awesome, better than the badlands which are more than twice the price. Tape up the inside of the tire too, big difference, gorilla tape and tyre glue, job done. Swap out the 14T pinion for the 20T pinion if you want to see your buggy fly! I usually use an 18T in mine, nice and zippy! Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back