Kraton No drive, but have steering. No start-up sequence. Hmmmmm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocwheaton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi all,

My Kraton v5 that's 1 month old started stuttering on very low throttle, and then when I drove it the next day, it worked fine for a few minutes (no low throttle stutter), but then I lost all fwd/rev, but still had steering.

So now when the car powers on, there's no beeping sequence (So no "da da da du du du du du duit!), and no flashing LED's at all.

The ESC fan starts spinning, and the steering works, but nothing else.

I can't see any wires loose.

All the radio knobs are in the correct place.

I'm out of ideas other than the ESC has gone bad.

Thoughts?

Thanks (y)

It could be a motor issue as the motor makes the sounds, if you have another ESC, test the motor with it.

It could be a motor issue as the motor makes the sounds, if you have another ESC, test the motor with it.
I don't have another motor unfortunately
If the motor was the cause, would the LED's on the ESC stop blinking completely?

I don't have another motor unfortunately
If the motor was the cause, would the LED's on the ESC stop blinking completely?
Does the light on the ESC turn RED or RED/GREEN when throttle is applied? If so, it may be a motor issue, but there is no way to truly check without another ESC (that's working). Also, here is the manual.

Does the light on the ESC turn RED or RED/GREEN when throttle is applied? If so, it may be a motor issue, but there is no way to truly check without another ESC (that's working).
No LED lights on the ESC at all when pulling in the throttle

No LED lights on the ESC at all when pulling in the throttle
That's not normal, try contacting HH for a warranty claim if nothing else works from the manual, so calibrate it, check the motor bullets, etc.

I'm in Australia, so HH won't provide me any support. I'll have to head to my hobby shop and see if they can fault find for me.

I'm kind of hoping it is the ESC dead, so I have an excuse to replace it with something like a hobbywing max8, which will make it easier for me to also replace the servo with something higher torque, without worrying about brownouts.

Went to my local hobby shop today, and yes it was the ESC that was the issue. Replaced it with an aftermarket, and get an upgraded servo while I was there, and now all good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back