Typhon Crash no steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Hebert

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s
I smashed a curb at about 35 mph with my Typhon, not a good thing, so I replaced the esc mount and tighten the screws and a few other things but now the car will only turn left but when I try to turn right the wheels move only a fraction. Turning the steering knob on the remote all the way up doesn't do anything. So I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas why this is happening. Thanks

Start by rebinding the controller, just easiest first. Check the physical range of motion of the steering assembly; can you turn the wheels with your hand - when it's powered off obviously :D can it go all the way to the right? Disconnect the servo linkage and move the servo arm using the remote, if it moves, try to stop it with your fingers. If you can stop it, the gears are stripped and you need a new servo *or servo horn as RC Steve pointed out below.

If none of that applies and it still doesn't attempt to turn right, you can reset the esc to stock (i'll find a link) or may have just killed the esc, that part of it anyway. I have also killed a Typhon esc by hitting a curb

Last edited:
Did you strip your servo horn? Bent akraman plate catching on something? Damaged bellcrank? Does your servo have a full range of motion with the servo horn disconnected? Does your steering rack move freely when disconnected from the servo? Lots of questions.

Post a quick video of how it's binding with sound ,so we can help you diagnose it quicker.

Did you strip your servo horn? Bent akraman plate catching on something? Damaged bellcrank? Does your servo have a full range of motion with the servo horn disconnected? Does your steering rack move freely when disconnected from the servo? Lots of questions.
I will definitely take a look thanks for the info
Start by rebinding the controller, just easiest first. Check the physical range of motion of the steering assembly; can you turn the wheels with your hand - when it's powered off obviously :D can it go all the way to the right? Disconnect the servo linkage and move the servo arm using the remote, if it moves, try to stop it with your fingers. If you can stop it, the gears are stripped and you need a new servo *or servo horn as RC Steve pointed out below.

If none of that applies and it still doesn't attempt to turn right, you can reset the esc to stock (i'll find a link) or may have just killed the esc, that part of it anyway. I have also killed a Typhon esc by hitting a curb
Thanks for the information I will look at that and let everyone know.
Post a quick video of how it's binding with sound ,so we can help you diagnose it quicker.
I will do that this weekend thanks for the help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back