Kraton Of course I break it on the very last day of night's weather for Ontario FML

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustOutForARip88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Vorteks
Well as luck would have it the nicest day I've had so far since owning this incredible monster it decides to pop out the right rear CBD at first I thought it was completely sheered off but it looks as though I just lost one of the set screws or perhaps I did break it if you guys could chime in please I'm wondering if there is any way possible to get this thing going again today because we got rain and snow on the way for quite a while in the next little bit I tried to take the best close-up pictures that I could for you guys on the actual piece that attaches to the differential I guess it would be the gear that the CVD holds onto in order to drive the wheels forgive me I'm a noob still trying to learn what all this stuff is but it looks like there's a spot for two set screws to hold it on to the actual shaft of the motor or rather the gearbox but I checked the other sides of the truck and on each one it looks like there's two set holes but only one screw in each I can't tell if there's threads or not in the other holes that don't have one it doesn't exactly look like it and to me it looks like on the gears drive shaft that there is only one spot with the set screw to go into please help would like to get out ripping today for a bit time is not on my side

20231125_130935.jpg

20231125_130939.jpg

20231125_130951.jpg

20231125_131024.jpg

Here's another pic of the CVD showing the screw it seems as though it didn't pop out or get damaged worst case is that it may have just become loose? Are these supposed to be threadlocked at all with blue or red or just torqued down

Attachments

• 20231125_132106.jpg
    20231125_132106.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231125_132032.jpg
    20231125_132032.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231125_132004.jpg
    20231125_132004.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
After looking at the schematic, it appears it’s held on by a grub screw. You said the grub is missing?
View attachment 333849
I guess it must be I don't see one of those in any of them It's just a hole with a massive set screw that goes into a countersink on the actual shaft it looks like sorry not quite sure what a grub screw is it kind of looks like on the blow up diagram there is only one thing holding it on sorry I thought it was called a set screw
After looking at the schematic, it appears it’s held on by a grub screw. You said the grub is missing?
View attachment 333849
I think all 4 drives are missing that arac8011
View attachment 333849
Wait a minute I think the only thing that happened here is that it came loose to be honest because I don't think that a r a c 8011 is the part that I'm missing it looks like that goes underneath that retainer clip it seems that it popped off because the ARAC9826 screw became untitened and it's still in the piece of plastic not sure if that's called a coupler what it would be but it's still sitting in the ara311149

Set screw, grub screw, same thing.. Either way if it’s missing you’ll need a new one. Looks like part number ARAC9826 which is a 4 x 4mm screw.
Bummer it fell out, maybe you can source one from a hardware store.

Set screw, grub screw, same thing.. Either way if it’s missing you’ll need a new one. Looks like part number ARAC9826 which is a 4 x 4mm screw.
Bummer it fell out, maybe you can source one from a hardware store.
You're awesome man thank you so much luckily for me it's still sitting in the piece that attaches to the gear thanks so much one last thing are these supposed to be thread locked when they are going in or would I be okay to crank it down and check the others as well and still get out today? 🙏🙏Thanks so much!

If it’s threaded into plastic just crank it down, if it’s threaded into metal I’d put some thread lock on there. Either way if you can get it back together I’d take it out for a rip! 🤙

If it’s threaded into plastic just crank it down, if it’s threaded into metal I’d put some thread lock on there. Either way if you can get it back together I’d take it out for a rip! 🤙
Looks like I got lucky!!!! Gonna pop it back in and crank it down as well as check the others then I'm back out! Thankful for this place for real!!! I gotta pay that membership fee l8er today! Cheers man! Much appreciated 🇨🇦✌️👌💯💯🛻💨💨

17009375528392661174624255441014.jpg

So the 4s doesn't use a screw that goes straight into the diff like the 3s? 🤔
I thought the same at first but after reviewing the schematic I found out otherwise..

Seems like a bad plan to me 🤷‍♂️
Atleast if it could have been the grub/pin combo in 1 it would have been nicer. Something to pin it from sliding off anyway.
Agreed, however I haven’t heard many people complaining about them. So it must hold ok… 🤷‍♂️

Don’t need to crank it down, just tighten it — you don’t want to strip the threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back