Outcast Outcast “XL”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
Decided to stretch my Outcast 6s EXB on a Mojave EXB chassis. Got a JConcepts 1979 ford F250 body and did my first ever paint job. I think it turned out really good overall!
IMG_8148.jpeg
IMG_8147.jpeg
IMG_8143.jpeg

IMG_8141.jpeg

How do you like the handling?

I need to try some tuning of the diff oils with mine, but so far not crazy about the turn in / turn radius. I might swap down to the Kraton chassis if the diff fluid tuning does not get it where I want it to be.

I need to try some tuning of the diff oils with mine, but so far not crazy about the turn in / turn radius. I might swap down to the Kraton chassis if the diff fluid tuning does not get it where I want it to be.
I haven’t ran it yet, but I don’t see turning an issue yet as it steers pretty well at a stand still. Also have a hot racing servo saver going in it. That may help some more

Looks great!
Thank you!😎

How off back is the turning?

As you know, the FT has a Mojave-length chassis and made my FT into an HPI Salvage truck with BF tires. Handling is love. Diffs, in my case, are 50/200/20k. The rig is not a wheelie rig anyway. I did not have an issue prior but the Basherqueen servo saver and carbon fiber Ackerman certainly add to better firmness and less steering slop

How off back is the turning?

As you know, the FT has a Mojave-length chassis and made my FT into an HPI Salvage truck with BF tires. Handling is love. Diffs, in my case, are 50/200/20k. The rig is not a wheelie rig anyway. I did not have an issue prior but the Basherqueen servo saver and carbon fiber Ackerman certainly add to better firmness and less steering slop

I don't like the rotation (cant power on to make the rear end slide) and it just wants to spin the front wheels. It ends up over steering and makes extra wide turns because of it. I am pretty sure thicker center diff fluid will sort the issues I have. Right now its whatever Arrma puts in the diffs so I'll add some 500k most likely.

I don't like the rotation (cant power on to make the rear end slide) and it just wants to spin the front wheels. It ends up over steering and makes extra wide turns because of it. I am pretty sure thicker center diff fluid will sort the issues I have. Right now its whatever Arrma puts in the diffs so I'll add some 500k most likely.
Ahh I see

You seem to bash like me in some parts...I love and require to power off the line...not wheelie and hold a line.

As I think of it, I could have cheated overall. I am a fan of AVC only when using the DX5C for all 3-settings..not with the stock tx. In loose dirt, I can take my hand off the knob and power off straight, but that is Spektrum head-holding feature that keeps it straight.

Staying low did take other work with the diff, tires, and TBone Racing low wheelie bar... in some cases a longer Mojave chassis over the SWB chassis.

My best friend over in Somerville, when I am on his property, he wheelie off the line and leaves behind. He likes to power off but it's all over the place.

Last edited:
Back