Outcast 2019 drive shaft problem !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le-Mill

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 4s
Hi guys

I have a problem with my front right drive shaft ! At every jump the shaft pop out de diff cup ! I have 4 rpm arms and mip drive shaft. I have try to remove the shim on lower and upper arm and the axle come out anyway
I can put pictures later

Sorry guys for my bad english

Last edited:
I'm guessing 2019 6s Outcast... Not really a v4, but anyway...
I've read here on the forum that the front MIPs are too short. I'd contact MIP and tell them that. They shouldn't fall out, even with the softer RPM arms. Especially since you removed the washers.

I'll pop one loose on a particularly bad landing. I'm running RPM arms which flex a lot more than the stock arms. I've removed the spacers and it only happens on a "oh sh!t!" landing ?

Sorry 2019 version ? so i put back the original cvd’s ?? On front ...

Last edited:
I'll pop one loose on a particularly bad landing. I'm running RPM arms which flex a lot more than the stock arms. I've removed the spacers and it only happens on a "oh sh!t!" landing ?
So quite often then ????

Can i shorten the end of the arms ??

Take out the spacers there is a thread on here somewhere about drive shafts popping out. Iirc it was started by @Lazy Bushman

He already did.

I'd write a sternly worded letter to MIP.
And switch back to Arrma CVDs.

Rant: why do people upgrade perfectly functional stuff like driveshafts and shocks on the 6s line? There are much better places to spend money if you feel like spending money.

He already did.

Rant: why do people upgrade perfectly functional stuff like driveshafts and shocks on the 6s line? There are much better places to spend money if you feel like spending money.
Agreed!!

He already did.

OK, thanks ! I should have registered here before buying the axles mip, sorry for the inconvenience

Can i shorten the end of the arms ??
I did on mine, running stock cvd's. I was having the front left (battery pack side) pop out quite often on my 2018 outcast. I run RPM arms and it was fine for quite a while, but over time, the upper arm hinge pin holes egg out/stretch which seems to allow the arm to flop around a bit. I removed the shim/washer on the left side, but it still happened, then I shaved about 2mm off the top/bottom arm and it's been fine since.

Kind of funny though, didn't have an issue running 4S. I guess the added speed of 6S bends things a bit further. ;)

I try this ?? Thank you

Guys what shock position you run on your lower rpm arm ?

Guys what shock position you run on your lower rpm arm ?
I'm running the inner one. Makes it stand a bit taller. When mine popped out, it was always on full compression. Normally a hard one corner front landing that would push the front arm back and all the way up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back